UniBoot quasi-untetherer aims to solve all your semi-tethered jailbreak woes. Here’s how you can install and use it on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Table of Contents
What is UniBoot?
UniBoot is a Debian package that turns a semi-untethered jailbreak into a fully untethered jailbreak. It is developed by renowned tweak developer, Artikus.
What sets this untether package apart from other similar tools is its ability to run without an exploit.
All similar tools come with an exploit and actually affect the jailbreak process proactively unlike this untetherer.
Once you slide to shut down your device, it performs the following actions –
- Prevent iOS from executing the shutdown sequence.
- Force enable low power mode.
- Set brightness to minimum.
- Display “Turn on” message on the screen, which will turn on your device.
Here’s a video demonstration of this tweak.
— Yalu Jailbreak (@Yalujb) January 30, 2018
It also replaces other shutdowns (or reboot) methods that are used by tweaks, like iOS stock ones or the “reboot” and “halt” terminal commands.
How does it work?
UniBoot is a truly one-of-a-kind tool and pretty complicated one as well. Here’s a simplistic explanation of how it works –
- It replaces the intrinsic shutdown and reboot functions of iOS with its own highly modified functions.
- These modified functions prevent iOS from unpatching the kernel because the device still has battery left.
- The user can now restart his device without the need to re-jailbreak.
Essentially, this untetherer will prevent reboots, which, in turn, prevents re-jailbreaking. You can then use your semi-untethered jailbreak like a fully untethered one.
UniBoot supports both 32-bit and 64-bit jailbreak tools on iOS 9-10.3.3. You can use this untetherer if you are running any of the following jailbreak tools –
- Pangu (iOS 9.2-9.3.3)
- Home Depot
- yalu102 (iOS 10-10.2)
- extra_recipe (iOS 10-10.1.1)
- Saigon (iOS 10.2.1)
- h3lix (iOS 10-10.3.3)
- g0blin (iOS 10.3-10.3.3)
- Meridian (iOS 10-10.3.3, useful only when it gets a Cydia update)
How to install UniBoot on iOS 9-10.3.3
- Add this repository to Cydia – artikushg.yourepo.com.
- Download the required package and respring your device.
- Open Safari.
- Download the Debian package using the link above.
- Open it with Filza file manager.
- Install the tweak.
- Respring your device.
It will now replace your shutdown and reboot functions. You can reboot your device by pressing home and sleep buttons together for 7 seconds.
- The developer will add a small blank area on the screen in future builds. This space will allow you to make your device accessible again if it froze.
- The code will go open source once the final official build comes out.
- Add a super low power mode.
For more jailbreak tools and downloads, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.