The long awaited Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak has arrived in the form of an IPA package. The Yalu102 code was leaked on Github yesterday. Since then, hackers have been working tirelessly on Yalu to make sure it supports all 64 bit devices.
Moreover, MobileSubstrate is now fully compatible making it easy to run Cydia tweaks that are based on it.
This method although less complicated than the previous one is not quite simple and definitely not suitable for beginners. It is still in alpha stage and a even a beta hasn’t come out yet. It is geared towards more developers and advanced users.
If you are willing to jump the gun, then follow our tutorial below.
Table of Contents
Yalu102 Supported Devices
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- iPod touch 6
Prepare your device
- Use the compatibility list above and make sure your device is present there. Owners of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus must stay on iOS 10.1.1 since it’s the only version that is compatible.
- Make a full backup of data on your device via iTunes or iCloud.
- Disable pass code and Find My iPhone. To disable Find My iPhone, navigate to Settings > iCloud and uncheck Find My iPhone option.
- Disable TouchID. To do this go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode and disable it.
- Enable Airplane mode from your control center.
- You will need to re-jailbreak your device after 7 days. If you have a developer account, you will only need to re-jailbreak after one year.
- Create a new Apple ID here – appleid.apple.com required for signing the jailbreak app. If you have a regular Apple ID account then the jailbreak will expire within a week. After that, you will have to repeat the steps of the instruction from step 3 over again.
- DO NOT install Yalu102 on top of Yalu 10.1.1 beta 3. Follow the proper upgrade process below.
- This tutorial is fully compatible with Window, Mac and Linux operating systems. In this tutorial, we are using Mac OS.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 with Yalu102 [Semi-Untethered]
Step 2 Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
Step 3 Open Cydia Impactor.
Step 4 Select the device connected in the Impactor window.
Step 5 Drag the yalu102_alpha.ipa file into the Cydia Impactor window.
Step 6 Enter the email used for your Apple ID and its associated password. Do not worry, the entered data will be transferred to Apple’s servers only.
Step 7 At this stage, Cydia Impactor automatically creates all the necessary files and download the jailbreak of IOS 10.2 on your mobile device. Once it notifies you that the process is “completed”, go to Settings > General > Device Management, select your Apple ID and tap Trust.
Step 8 Launch the yalu102 application on your device.
Step 9 To complete the installation, tap go as given below.
Step 10 After installation, you will find Cydia and yalu102 with its cheeky Kim Jong icon on your home screen! If Cydia icon is not visible, run yalu102 again.
The tool is working just fine on our iPhone 6S on iOS 10.2 so far. If you face any errors or issues, refer to our iOS 10 jailbreak Troubleshooting and Errors FAQ given below.
Hopefully, in the coming days, a proper jailbreak tool like evasi0n and greenpois0n will be released.
How to Re-Jailbreak with yalu102
As you know, this jailbreak is semi-untethered at the moment. If your device reboots or you turn it off, you must follow a few steps to re-jailbreak.
Step 1 Start Yalu102 app that is present on your home screen.
Step 2 If the app is open, you may get a message that the program slows your iPhone. Press OK to confirm.
Step 3 Press the go button in the middle of the screen and let it do its thing.
Step 4 Now you will get a message saying that “Storage almost full”. Simply dismiss this message.
Step 5 This will be followed by a respring and Cydia will now be present on your home screen.
That’s it. After finishing this process, you will be able to use your tweaks normally. If Cydia app is nowhere to be found, start Yalu102 app again.
HOW TO UNJAILBREAK/DE-JAILBREAK YALU102
- To unjailbreak or de-jailbreak, rebbot your device.
- Do not run yalu102 app (DO NOT use iCloud to wipe data).
How to Upgrade from a previous beta of Yalu102 to a newer version
Some users were confused about the upgrading to a newer release. A newer release is always recommended as it is more stable. Here’s how to do it.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Delete yalu102 app.
- Download the latest beta from the download link above.
- Connect the device to your computer.
- Drag the new yalu beta ipa you downloaded in step 3 to the Cydia Impactor window.
- Type your Apple ID and password.
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to finish its job.
- Afterwards, unlock your device and start the new Yalu app.
- Click the go button.
That’s all there’s to it. Now all of your tweaks will function normally.
After completing this tutorial successfully, follow these tutorials to get the most out of your device.
- Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10 – Errors and Troubleshooting [FAQ]
- Top 20 Free Cydia Apps/Tweaks of 2017
- Best Cydia Repo/Sources for iOS 10 [2017 List]
- How to Fix Cydia not Installed on Yalu iOS 10 Jailbreak
- Download and Install Cydia 1.1.28 Update to Fix iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak Issues
- NoAppExpire – Remove 7-day limit for Cydia Impactor certificates
- List of Cydia Tweaks Compatible with Yalu iOS 10 Jailbreak
- How to Fix LTE, FaceTime and iMessage Errors on Yalu jailbreak
So did you try this new jailbreak? How was your experience? Let us know in the comments section below.