As you know, h3lix jailbreak was released for iOS 10-10.3.3 a few days ago. The release was a bit rushed and this led to users experiencing errors and problems. Here’s how you can fix most of these.
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Operating System
- Q4. iMessage and cellular data are not working anymore on my iPhone 5. How can fix this connection issue?
- Q5. My device disconnects from the VPN connection as soon as I enable it. How do I fix this issue?
- Q6. How can I fix other issues?
- Q8. How can I fix the “Storage almost full” alert on my device?
- Q8. Cydia crashes as soon as I open it. Am I doing something wrong?
- Q9. Cydia on my iPhone crashes after the loading screen. Is there a fix for this problem?
- Q10. I am getting the /var/lib/dpkg/status no such file or directory error in Cydia. How can I solve this?
- Q11. How can I install Stashing on iOS 10?
- Q12. I am unable to purchase any tweak as Cydia displays the “unable to purchase” error. Is there a fix for this?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How can I fix plist.hpp:201 error while installing this tool in Cydia Impactor?
A. If you are getting this error, the app should already be installed on your iPhone/iPad. Simply trust this app from Settings and launch the app.
Q2. My iPhone 5/iPad 4 reboots when I run the jailbreak app. How can I fix this issue?
A. If you are experiencing reboots, the exploit is not working like it should. A simple fix for this is to keep retrying until it finally jailbreaks your device.
If this doesn’t work, you can try enabling Airplane mode and force-closing all applications from the App Switcher. I also recommend waiting for 10 seconds before running the app.
Q3. How can I hide the jailbreak app icon?
A. Just like PPHider for Pangu jailbreak, you can use Hid3x Cydia tweak to hide its icon. It is available for download on BigBoss Cydia repository.
The icon will be hidden only when you are in jailbreak state. This is useful since you won’t require the app in jailbreak state.
A. Simply follow the “Method 1” given in the Cydia connection question below.
Q5. My device disconnects from the VPN connection as soon as I enable it. How do I fix this issue?
A. FlipControlCenter Cydia tweak causes your device to disconnect. Simply remove or disable this tweak to fix this issue. If you don’t have this tweak in the first place, try enabling the VPN from Settings, not from the VPN app.
Q6. How can I fix other issues?
A. This jailbreak is very buggy at the moment. Therefore, I recommend everyone to restore to iOS 10.3.3 again. This is possible since its signing window is still open and you can perform a DFU restore with iTunes whenever you want to.
Q8. How can I fix the “Storage almost full” alert on my device?
A. There are several methods that you can utilize to stop this alert from popping up time to time –
- Install iCleaner Pro tool and clean your cache.
- Manually delete the cache files present in this location – /system/library/cache. Again, iCleaner doesn this and is very safe so use that.
- Install Coolstar’s Stashing. Very few users have used it up till now and only one user reported that it works fine.
Q8. Cydia crashes as soon as I open it. Am I doing something wrong?
A. Yes, simply run the jailbreak application again from your home screen. When it installs all the exploits and patches on your device, Cydia will become functional again.
Q9. Cydia on my iPhone crashes after the loading screen. Is there a fix for this problem?
A. Here’s what you need to do –
- Download iFile for iOS here and sideload it with Cydia Impactor.
- Open Filza and navigate to – /var/mobile/library/cydia.
- Delete metadata.cb0 file.
- Now navigate to /var/mobile/library/caches and delete com.saurik.cydia file.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad. Cydia will now start working again.
A. Simply, DFU restore your device to iOS 10.3.3 again and re-jalbreak once again. This will hopefully fix this issue.
Remember, DO NOT use the Erase all contents and settings option ever, if you have a jailbreak.
Q11. How can I install Stashing on iOS 10?
A. Coolstar’s Stashing is not compatible with iOS 10-10.3.3 on 32-bit devices. The developer dropped support for these versions because they were a bit too unstable to his liking.
If you still want to try it on your device, you can download it from here. Ensure you download version 1.5.0 only.
Warning – Remember, this version is not proven to work with on 32-bit devices running iOS 10. It can potentially brick your device.
A. This error message shows up every time a new jailbreak tool drops. This is because Saurik needs to update some stuff in the back-end for newer firmware versions.
Once Saurik pushes an update, you will then be able to purchase all Cydia tweaks.
Q13. An incompatible tweak is causing my device to respring continuously. How do I remove it?
A. You can easily remove bogus tweaks by going into No Substrate Mode. Once you do that, go to Cydia and try deleting the most recent tweaks present in there.
Q14. How can I enter No Substrate mode in h3lix?
A. Simply press the volume up button before you press the kickstart button. Your device will respring and no tweaks will work. However, Cydia will continue to work like it should.
Q15. I am getting a network error in Cydia. How do I fix it?
A. This is how this error looks like on an iPhone 5. If you get this message, Cydia will not work and you can’t install any tweak from it.
Here’s are a few methods that you can use to fix this issue –
Step 1 Open MTerminal if you have it on your device. Otherwise, you must SSH into your device via USB.
Step 2 Enter the following commands –
chmod 777 /var
chmod 777 /var/mobile
chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library
chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
Step 3 Run Cydia again.
Try using mobile data instead of Wifi and check if the problem persists.
If these methods seem too complicated or don’t work for you, you can just restore your device and try again.
Q16. Which tweaks can I safely install on my device?
A. Here’s the complete tweak compatibility list for h3lix on iOS 10-10.3.3 firmware. You can safely install all tweaks that are marked with the green label.
Even if you install an incompatible or bogus tweak, you can remove it by enabling No Substrate mode.
For more jailbreak tips and tricks, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.