Morpheus, the developer of LiberTV jailbreak, let the cat out of the bag a few days ago. Now, that Apple TV 4 jailbreak for tvOS 10.1.1 is under development, it makes sense to do save SHSH2 blobs.
Table of Contents
Why is Saving Apple TV SHSH2 Blobs Important?
Finally, development of tvOS 10.1.1 jailbreak is currently underway. Just like iOS devices, you must save SHSH2 blobs for Apple TV to stay on the safe side.
For those who don’t know, SHSH blobs allow you to upgrade or downgrade to unsigned iOS firmware. Think of it as an insurance policy for your iOS device.
Here are a few scenarios, and the appropriate plan of action –
- If you are on tvOS 10.0-10.1, jailbreak with LiberTV. If you have already jailbroken your Apple TV 4, DO NOT update and and save your SHSH2 blobs.
- If you are on tvOS 10.1.1, stay there and DO NOT update. Save your SHSH2 blobs before Apple closes the signing window.
- If you are on tvOS 10.2, downgrade to tvOS 10.1.1 while it’s still being signed. Save your SHSH2 blobs as well.
Saving SHSH2 blobs is really simple. You just need to enter a few details in the TSS Saver tool and that’s it. The tool will handle the rest for you.
Now onto the tutorial.
- Apple TV
- A USB cable
- A computer
- An internet connection
How to Save SHSH2 Blobs for Apple TV with TSS Saver
Step 1 Connect your Apple TV 4 to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2 Start any Internet browser on your computer.
Step 3 Open TSS Saver’s website – https://tsssaver.1conan.com/. It’s a great online tool to save your SHSH2 blobs for all Apple devices.
Step 4 The tool requires a few details pertaining to your device before it saves the blobs. Enter the following details exactly as given below –
- Enter the ECID of your Apple TV in the appropriate field. Make sure it’s value is set to Hex. If you don’t know how to find your ECID number, follow this tutorial.
- Select the Identifier for your device. Select Apple TV 4 and its model from the drop-down menu.
- Leave the Manually specify an apnonce option unchecked.
- Check the I’m not a robot reCAPTCHA option.
Step 5 Press the Submit button to request the server to save your blobs.
Step 6 TSS Saver tool will now display the download link of your SHSH2 blobs.
Step 7 Click this download link. TSS Saver will now display a list of SHSH blobs that are saved for your Apple TV as shown below.
Step 8 Select the Download ZIP option to download all saved SHSH2 blobs. Although TSS Saver gives you options to save your blobs to Dropbox and OneDrive, it is recommended to save them locally.
That’s it. You can now use your SHSH blobs to downgrade your Apple TV to tvOS 10.1.1 with Prometheus downgrade tool.
Hopefully, Morpheus will release a tvOS 10.1.1 very soon.