Electra Team is back at it again with another jailbreak tool for the Apple TV community! Here’s how you can download and install ElectraTV jailbreak for your Apple TV 4k and Apple TV 4 set-top boxes below.
Table of Contents
What is ElectraTV?
ElectraTV is a semi-untethered jailbreak for tvOS 11.2-11.3. It is developed by Electra Team, nitoTV and Justin Williams.
Apart from porting Electra jailbreak to Apple TV, nitoTV also seeded another jailbreak called backr00m for older tvOS firmware versions.
You can check the full compatibility list out for your Apple TV below. But before you move on, keep the following points in mind –
- Remember, Electra Team erroneously included tvOS 11.3.1 in the compatibility list. However, Apple never released such a version and you should ignore it.
- tvOS 11 was the initial release for Apple TV 4K and tvOS 10 is usable only on Apple TV 4th-generation.
- tvOS versions above 11.3 (11.4 and 11.4.1) are not supported as of right now owing to the nature of Ian Beer’s exploits.
- Apple TV4K (5th-generation)
- Apple TV 4 (4th-generation)
- 10.2.2 (only for Apple TV 4th-generation)
Download Apple TV 4k/4 jailbreak
- July 13, 2017 – Version 1.0.5 released with improved success rate.
- February 20, 2019 – Version 1.3.2 released with full support for iOS 11.0-11.4.1. It fixes overnight reboots, brings a faster ldrestart, and integrates new exploits into the jailbreak.
- A compatible Apple TV device
- tvOS 10.2.2-11.4.1
- A computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux
- Cydia Impactor
- Internet connection
How to jailbreak tvOS 10.2.2-11.4.1
Step 1 Connect your Apple TV to your computer using a USB-C cable.
Step 2 Download the appropriate jailbreak IPA file using the links given above to your computer
Step 3 Launch Cydia Impactor and wait for it to recognize your USB cable. You can download Cydia Impactor from here if your computer doesn’t have it. If you own an Apple TV 4K, you can download the IPA from AppDB Pro.
Step 4 Drag the IPA file you downloaded in step 2 onto Cydia Impactor’s window.
Step 5 Enter your Apple ID credentials to authorize the installation.
Step 6 Once the app is present on your Apple TV 4/4K, hook it up to your television.
Step 7 Open the ElectraTV or backr00m jailbreak app depending on your firmware and run it to start the exploitation process.
Step 8 Wait for a few seconds and let it do its thing. Once your device is in jailbreak mode, you can start installing your favorite apps without revokes.
Having trouble wrapping your head around these jailbreak tools? The amazing video guide will help you jailbreak your set-top box within seconds.
If you liked this tutorial, don’t forget to give us a like and follow on Facebook and Twitter.