Saurik has released a massive update for his Cydia Impactor utility. This brings the tool to version 0.9.41. However, this didn’t stop users from experiencing errors.
Many users are reporting provision.cpp:71/provision.cpp:80 error while using Cydia Impactor. Let’s find out more about these errors.
These errors occur due to certificate signing issue. When new certificates overlap or conflict with each other, Impactor is unable to sign and throws an error. These errors usually occur on iPhone, iPad and iPod users.
Apple TV users are relatively immune to these errors.
Before we begin, have the following things ready.
Table of Contents
- Download Cydia Impactor
- A computer running Windows/Mac/Linux
- A USB cable
Fixing these errors is really simple.
How to Fix provision.cpp:71 and provision.cpp:80 Cydia Impactor Errors
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Launch Cydia Impactor. Wait for Cydia Impactor to recognize your device.
- Go to the Xcode tab and select Revoke Certificates option.
If Cydia Impactor still throws errors, follow the tutorial give below –
For fixing other Cydia Impactor errors, read this FAQ.
Here are some other tutorials you may find interesting –
- Cydia Extender – Sign Yalu Jailbreak/IPAs without Cydia Impactor
- installd OTA Patch – Cydia Extender Fix for Free Developer Accounts
- How to Use Cydia Extender to Resign Yalu’s Certificate
If you are still facing these errors, just drop a comment below. I will be happy to help you out.