As you know, Saurik just released an updated version of Cydia Impactor (version 0.9.3.9). This version comes bundled with a new tool called Cydia Extender that lets you renew apps without using Cydia Impactor.
Here’s how to install it without a developer account.
Table of Contents
How Cydia Extender Signs Yalu Jailbreak’s Certificate
Suarik along with Voldemort developed an ingenious method to sign IPA files without using Cydia Impactor.
A lot of users were waiting for a 7 day bypass solution that resigns Yalu without Cydia Impactor.
It signs Yalu jailbreak just like Cydia Impactor would. The main difference is that it does all that “on-device”.
Here’s the interesting part – it makes use of Virtual Private Network (VPN) wizardry so you can renew certificates of installed apps directly from your device without a computer.
This tool was supposed to be called iOS Impactor.
As this tool is still being developed, it has a few limitations such as –
- This tool can only be installed if you in jailbreak state.
- This tool can not be used in non-jailbreak state. However, any applications signed with Cydia Extender (for example yalu102) will continue to work.
- You can only install application when Substrate is active.
- All Installed applications still have the 7 day signing limit. You can use this tool to sign them on-device.
- It works with all 64-bit devices including iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus.
- Installing this tool with Cydia Extender Installer is recommended. The link to step by step guide is given below.
Cydia Extender is supposed to work with paid developer accounts only. But with a quick workaround you can get it working on your device.
Cydia Extender SUPPORTED DEVICES
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPad Pro (12.9 inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7 inch)
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPod touch 6
Cydia Extender Requirements
For method 1, you need the following –
- Download Cydia Impactor (latest)
- Download iFunBox utility for Windows/Mac.
- A compatible device that is in jailbreak state.
- A computer running Windows/Mac.
- An archive manager (7Zip OR WinZip OR WinRAR)
For method 2, you need the following –
- A compatible device that is in jailbreak state.
- MTerminal installed on your device.
- Filza file manager
This first method works for both Windows and macOS. For method 1, you need a computer whereas you don’t need it for method 2.
Now onto the tutorial.
How to Install Cydia Extender without a Developer Account on Windows/Mac using iFunBox
Step 1 Download Cydia Impactor using the link given above.
Step 2 Now we need to extract Cydia Extender IPA file. To do this, simply rename impactor.dat to impactor.zip.
Step 3 Open it using any archive managaer such as 7Zip/WinRAR.
Step 4 Extract extender.ipa to desktop.
Step 5 Install extender.ipa with iFunBox. For those who don’t know how to install IPA files/packages with iFunBox, read this –
- Connect your device to your computer and wait till iFunBox recognizes it.
- Go to the iFunbox Classic tab.
- Select User Applications option present on the left panel.
- Select ‘Install App option at the top right of iFunBox tool.
- Browse and select extender.ipa file that you extracted to the desktop.
Step 6 Open extender IPA file and tap Reinstall.
Step 7 It will now prompt you to enter your Apple ID and password. Enter your details.
Step 8 Extender’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) will now start automatically and install the profile on your device.
Step 9 Install installd OTA Patch Cydia tweak now.
Step 10 Start Cydia Extender from your home screen and let it install the VPN (Virtual Private Network). Once this part is done, close it from multitasking. Start Cydia Extender app again.
Step 13 It will now install a Profile on your device. It will go to some IP address in Safari and then Profile and Device Management section in the Settings.
Step 14 Install it and enter your passcode. Once installed, you will get back to Extender and Safari will get opened. Keep it “as is” and don’t close Safari just yet.
Step 15 Install installd OTA Patch Cydia tweak now.
Step 16 This tool is now successfully installed. You now need to follow this tutorial to sign Yalu.
If the above method doesn’t work, try the following method. You don’t need a computer for it.
For fixing errors and problems, follow this troubleshooting FAQ –
That’s all there’s to it. You can now sign Yalu whenever you want to without using Cydia Impactor utility. If you have any questions or errors, please write a comment below.
If you liked this tutorial, don’t forget to share it on Facebook and Twitter.
Your contact page doesn’t work
The tutorial has been updated. Use the Filza method. Good luck.
Sorry, filza method isn’t a solution for me too. Thank you for your interest. I have iPhone 7 and I think i7 isn’t supported device by “installd OTA Patch” could be the reason this?
Try removing the installd OTA Patch and then retry.
Hello Raditya, I will be uploading a tutorial to fix this error soon. Just wait.
Here you go – https://yalujailbreak.net/cydia-extender-errors/