unc0ver, a new and better Electra alternative has just been released for iOS 11 and above. Here’s how you can download and install it on your iPhone or iPad.
Table of Contents
What is unc0ver?
unc0ver is an Electra jailbreak replacement for iOS 11-11.4 Beta 3. It is developed by renowned developers pwn20wnd and Sam Bingner.
This new jailbreak tool offers better stability, compatibility and success rate. It uses Saurik’s Substrate and replaces Comex’s Substitute present in Electra.
Here’s a quick rundown of its main features –
- All exploits in a single app
- Better performance and stability
- Error messages
- No battery drain
- No slowdowns
- Enhanced performance of Cydia
- Automatic root filesystem restore
All in all, it improves upon everything Electra had and is quite rightly the successor to Coolstar’s jailbreak.
However, before you make the switch, keep in mind that this jailbreak is not for everyone and may cause even more issues later on. If Electra is working just fine on your device, you don’t need to switch.
unc0ver is compatible with all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running any of the following operating system versions –
Download unc0ver jailbreak
- V3.0.0 Beta 29
- V3.0.0 Beta 27
- V2.2.6 (latest)
- V2.1.2 (internal build)
- unc0ver + Better VFS
- RC1 – Initial release.
- RC2 – Supports iOS 11.4 Beta and Dynastic Development repo is now default in Cydia.
- RC3 – Restores root filesystem option and bug fixes.
- RC4 – Displays uptime and remove custom fonts.
- RC5 – Fixes videosubscriptionsd daemon crashes, update checker, and unsupported message.
- RC6 – Fixes multipath exploit and improved memory management.
- RC7 – Fixes RootFS restore issue (snapshot storage glitch) and improves the success rate of multipath exploit.
- RC8 – Fixes snapshot error messages, adds a warning to iOS 11-11.1.2 and iOS 11.4 Beta versions.
- RC9 – Fixes the restart loop bug, adds detailed error messages, an option to increase memory limit for better reliability, and a compatibility layer for tweaks that were originally developed for Electra jailbreak.
- V1 – Fixes “RootFS Restore” on all firmware versions, filesystem snapshot bugs, UI enhancements, and minor fixes. Issues on beta version persist.
- V1.0.1 – Disables RootFS Restore option for iOS 11-11.1.2 and fixes other minor issues.
- V1.0.2 – Improves the RootFS Restore feature on iOS 11-11.2.6. Some beta versions are still not working properly.
- V1.0.3 – Fixes beta firmware compatibility.
- V1.1.0 – Automatically selects the best exploit for your device and firmware combination, improved memory management, and other performance improvements.
- V1.1.4 – Minor performance enhancements.
- V2.0.0 – Initial Cydia Substrate compatibility, OTA upgrades for jailbreak patches, a new SpringBoard restart button, switch to reinstall OpenSSH/Cydia/restart backboardd, battery life fixes, and other bug fixes.
- V2.0.1 – The official release of v2.0.0 to make tracking easier.
- V2.0.2 – Bug fixes in the app, improved jailbreak speed, new revoke blocking method.
- V2.1.0 – Adds T-Mobile carrier support to the anti-revoke code, makes possible re-jailbreaking without rebooting, makes jailbreak process faster, updates resources, and other minor improvements.
- V2.1.1 – Increases jailbreak rate, cleans the Cydia user data when using RootFS Restore, better memory management, and some minor bug fixes.
- V2.1.3 – Fixes patch finder on specific iOS firmware versions, introduces a new versioning system and makes downgrades possible from future versions.
- V2.2.0 – Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- V2.1.4 – Reduces the size of the app from 63MB to 22MB.
- V3.0.0 – iOS 11.4 and 11.4.1 support added with the voucher_swap exploit.
- V3.0.0 Beta 10 – Beta 10 of v3.0.0 adds partial support for iOS 12.0-12.1.2. You can now set boot nonce, dump APTicket, and disable automatic OTA updates. As of now, it lacks Cydia installer and Substrate.
- V3.0.0 Beta 11 – Bug fixes in device/firmware checker.
- V3.0.0 Beta 12 – Adds support for restart button to iOS 12 and above versions.
- V3.0.0 Beta 13 – Fixes voucher_swap and async_wake exploits.
- V3.0.0 Beta 14 – Fix jailbreak when old resources package isn’t removed.
- V3.0.0 Beta 15 – Improved code and fix for sync_wake exploit.
- V2.2.6 – Fixes a bug in bootstrap.
- V3.0.0 Beta 16 – Fixes a bug in the logging window, adds more debugging for the RootFS remount.
- V3.0.0 Beta 17 – Fixes a bug in extracting bootstrap.
- V3.0.0 Beta 18 – Fixes a bug in the async_wake exploit and device checker.
- V3.0.0 Beta 19 – Fixes a bug in device/version checker.
- V3.0.0 Beta 20 – Adds iOS 11.1-11.4.1 support to A7, A7X, and A8-chip models with v1ntex exploit.
- V3.0.0 Beta 21 – Bug fixes for v1ntex.
- V3.0.0 Beta 22 – Extends iOS 12 support with a root filesystem remount, enables the app revoke disable option for iOS 12 and above versions.
- V3.0.0 Beta 23 – Enable the RootFS Restore option for iOS 12 users.
- V3.0.0 Beta 24 – Switches to a new method for jailbreak detection, makes in-app jailbreak detection harder.
- V3.0.0 Beta 25 – Adds more debugging to the RootFS remount.
- V3.0.0 Beta 26 – Clean up the RootFS remount.
- V3.0.0 Beta 27 – Significant improvements for voucher_swap exploit on iOS 12.
- V3.0.0 Beta 28 – Adds support for v3ntex exploit with major enhancements for iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 on iOS 12.0 – 12.1.2. No Cydia Substrate support yet.
- V3.0.0 Beta 28 – Adds support for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 for A8X, A9, A10, and A11 models.
How to jailbreak iOS 11.0-11.3.1-11.4 Beta 3 with unc0ver
Download and install
Step 1 Download the IPA file of the latest version using the download link above. Alternatively, you can download it directly from the Ignition signing service.
Step 2 (Optional) Open Cydia Impactor. If you don’t have this tool installed on your computer, download it from this link.
Step 3 Drag the IPA file downloaded in step 1 to Cydia Impactor’s window. If you are using Ignition, simply tap the Install button and then confirm it to install the app on your device.
Step 4 Wait for Cydia Impactor to install the app on your device. Once the installation completes, the app will appear on your home screen. If you have downloaded the app from Ignition installer, skip this step.
Trust the certificate
Step 5 Now that the jailbreak app is installed on your device, you must launch it. However, opening it right away will cause it to throw the “untrusted certificate” message.
To fix this, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. As of right now, Ignition is using “i-MD Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited” certificate to sign its apps.
Step 6 Select Trust “i-MD Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited” to trust the certificate belonging to unc0ver. Tap Trust again to confirm.
Jailbreak your device
Step 7 Open unc0ver app from your home screen. Wait for 30 seconds and tap Jailbreak to jailbreak your device.
Step 8 Give the app the necessary permission to restart your device. Wait until it reboots your device and runs Rollectra, which removes tweaks and device’s settings without tampering with the user data (photos, videos, etc). This should take around five to six minutes at most.
Step 9 Open unc0ver app again and wait for about 30 seconds. Tap Jailbreak again and wait for the exploitation to begin. The jailbreak tool will now perform 48 exploitation operations to gain root access on your device.
Step 10 When the progress bar hits “24/48”, the app will prompt you to reboot your device. Tap Reboot, reopen the app and tap Jailbreak once again. Your device will restart at least twice during the process. The number of reboots can be higher if the exploit fails.
Step 11 Cydia will be installed on your device once exploitation finishes. You can then open it from your home screen and install the desired tweaks and jailbreak packages.
Settings and Utilities (optional)
Step 12 unc0ver comes with a comprehensive Settings section that lets you do more than running No Substrate Mode. Most of the options cater to very specific use cases and are useless for the average user.
However, you can use them to access additional features that would otherwise have been missing from your device. Remember, all the important features are enabled by default.
- Load Tweaks – Enables substrate mode.
- Load Daemons – Enables daemons.
- Dump APTicket – Dumps onboard blobs.
- Refresh Icon Cache – Refreshes icon cache. Enable this if an app icon is missing from your home screen.
- Disable Auto Updates – Disables automatic over-the-air updates.
- Disable App Revokes – Disables app revokes.
- Overwrite Boot Nonce – Overwrites the boot nonce.
- Export Kernel Task Port (Unsafe) – Exports the kernel task port.
- Kernel exploit – Selects the kernel exploit.
- Boot Nonce – Displays the boot nonce of your device.
- Expiry – Displays the expiry time of the jailbreak app’s certificate. If you sign the app using your certificate, the expiry time will be seven days. For enterprise certificates from signing services or app installers, your app will remain signed for a year (365 days).
Step 13 There’s also a “Utilities” section that lets you perform certain important actions, namely –
- Restart – Reboots the device.
- Share Diagnostic Data – Shares diagnostic data with the developers, thus helping them in fixing bugs and glitches.
- Open Cydia – Launches Cydia. This option is useful if Cydia is missing from your home screen.
- Get Technical Support – Open the jailbreak Discord server.
- Check For Update – Checks for updates released by the developer.
That’s all there’s to it. If you run into some issues or bug while using this jailbreak tool, feel free to post a comment below.
I can’t trust the certificate anymore because it is revoked, also I’m out of the jb.
Because I cant trust the certificate anymore i cant go back in to the jb, what should i do?
Why don’t you install it via Ignition?
how to get unc0ver ipa
Just use the download links above.
how to install it
The installation instructions are already given above.
How do I get a iCloud account off an iPad Air with out password.
Sorry, that’s not possible with a jailbreak.
iOS 11.4 tweaks list pls
Is Saurik’s repo Cydia/Telesphoreo (apt.saurik.com/) not available anymore? I can’t install it anymore and is was not in Cydia at the beginning after the jailbreak.
You don’t have to add that repository as unc0ver replaces it with its own default repository with all the necessary packages.
Uncover 3.0.0 b4, iPhone 5s 11.4.1 (installed with ignition web) – It says “Unsupported” ????
Wait for v3.0.1.
how to remove uncover jailbreak thx
I use unc0ver 2.0.2 but but unc0ver crash and phone comes to homescreen automatically i am on 11.2.6. Before i was use th0r but i remove th0r using electra remover
Try using the latest version – v2.1.0.
I got 11.4 here.
Though it says 11.4 Beta 1,2 and 3 is supported, is the final release 11.4 aswell supported?
No, that version is incompatible.
I am doing a clean install of uncover and instead of exiting 1-48 I get 1-56, I wait 30 seconds and I execute jailbreak and I reboot the device and it does not do the procedure I do for cydia impact and I am using version 1.1 . Additional I change it to the DEL MP exploit option and I get errno error: 60.
Any help on this
Try using v2.0.1.
Hi all, I have 8+,11.3.1, started with Electra, Cydia crashed after a few months of usage, did all the best tweaks, repos, etc..Cydia icon wouldn’t even open, Cydia recovery link not working, Electra icon not opening to even unjailbreak. Installed Relectra through tweakbox. Successfully uninstalled Electra. Installed unc0ver through tweakbox. Followed forums for proper install for JB. It did take my specific experience about 5 attempts to get through the complete Jb process. Didn’t happen the first time, but please don’t give up. once JBroken, found that unc0ver was more stable. Thank you Tweakbox, unc0ver, Relectra. I’m no mad scientist, but I did figure it out, is wasn’t that bad. I hope this helps at least one person, please let me know if more info is required, thanks!!
Rollectra MY APOLOGIES
I USED ROLLECTRA
Do you have the version 1.0.2 uncover?
Yes, the link is given above.
I used the unc0ver 1.1 jailbreak for my ios version 11.3.1. None of my tweaks are showing in settings. I also get an error when attempting to launch Anenome. used Rollectra from electra to uncover.
Did you install Preference Loader?
Its a deadlink..
The developer may have removed it. I will update it in a few minutes.
I am already jailbroken from uncOver RC6. How do i update to RC8.
Delete the app and sideload the new one. That’s it.
did it support ios 11.4.1?
Can’t get it to work with my 11.1.2 Electra. I followed the directions and nothing works. Just reboots. I look up Rollectra and says it only works for 11.3 and up. So I figure that’s the problem. How can I get this to work?
Will Rollectra still work with Unc0ver and can one switch back to Electra if Unc0ver isn’t running well on their phone?
Yes, it will work.
I just tried to jailbreak using uncover and Cydia fails to launch. So back to Electra.
I get Error – Errno:2 Test Ernno……..
did you ever find a fix for it
Hi all, I have jail broken my phones for years, but didn’t when I got my last phone until recently. I used the Electra jailbreak for my ios version 11.2.6. None of my tweaks are showing in settings. I also get an error when attempting to launch Anenome. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I’d really like some help.
Try using this jailbreak tool. Do you have preferenceloader installed?
did support 11.4.1?
Of course not.
When will you launch a jailbreak who works with 11.4.1?
It depends on Ian Beer exploits and other jailbreak developers that decide to work on it.
Which is better between electra and unc0ver on ios 11.2.6?
I would say unc0ver is the better tool.
Electra sometimes case freeze and sometimes i see no services which only reboot can fix it!
More tragedy Is many rebootes to Reach success jailbreak !
Is rollectra safe? I really dont want to losse my jailbreak 1131
I have a guide coming up for that. Wait.
Pls help when I tried to download in ignition I installed the uncover proper and next when I clicked jailbreak it keeps rebooting I tried it again in again but still until now it just keeps rebooting
Did you use Rollectra?
Same here. Used Rollectra but when I press the jaibreak button my ph just starts to reboot. Any idea? Am I missing something?
Is the 11.4 glitch signing window still open? I’m content with electra on ios 11.2.5 at the moment
No, it’s not.
hello, my iPhone 5s must be turned on again, the success rate is zero, there is no way for it to work?
for 11.0-11.4~b3 only
Can i switch from electra to uncover cause i have so lag with freeze with just used rollectra delete jb only not full restore?
Yes, you can.