iPhone X comes with a lot of new features and its dock really stands out from the one in older devices. Here’s how you can get this amazing new feature on your older iPhone model.
Table of Contents
Is it possible to get iPhone X dock on older models?
Developers have backported pretty much all user interface features of iPhone. Since dock is an integral part of iPhone’s aesthetic, you can now use it on older models as well.
You can now get the iPhone X dock on your iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6 and all other older models that are compatible with iOS 10 and 11.
There are three methods that you can use to get this amazing new UI element on your Apple device.
- Installing a jailbreak tweak (recommended) – As always, installing a tweak to perform a certain function or to apply a modification is still the best method out there.
- Applying Anemone themes – Certain Anemone themes are also working just as well but they are low on features, of course. Moreover, Anemone theming engine slows down your device.
- Wallpaper method – Another method that is floating around is the wallpaper method. This method involves using a new wallpaper that already has the round edges of this new dock. I suggest steering clear of it because it actually makes no changes whatsoever to the dock.
Download iPhone X Dock theme
- Better iPhone X Dock (for plus models)
- Better iPhone X Dock (for non-plus models)
- iPhone SE theme (for iPhone SE only)
Installing iPhone X dock on iPhone 8, 7, 6 and older models
You can download any theme of your choice using the download links above. Just make sure that you use the correct theme pertaining to your device.
Once you grab the theme files, follow this theme installation tutorial. After applying the changes, your home screen will now look something like this.
Remember, using the wrong version of a theme on your device may result in a wonky or stretched out dock. Also, none of these themes will work on any iPad model.
Alternatively, you can try a new jailbreak tweak called LittleX by developer Andrew Wiik. This tweak is still in beta and you can purchase it through Andrew’s Patreon page.
Installing this new dock is easier on iOS 10 because you can just grab a tweak and let it apply the changes.
You don’t need to download any Anemone or Winterboard theme to get it working.
Here’s a list of all working tweaks that port the iPhone X dock to iOS 10.
- DockXI for iOS 10 (recommended)
Here’s how DockXI looks like on iOS 10.
Thankfully, all iOS 10 versions up till iOS 10.3.3 now have a jailbreak. You can simply install the aforementioned tweaks using Cydia.
For more theming and customization tutorials, give us a thumbs up on Twitter and Facebook.