Since filesystem tweaks are a thing now, I decided to share a simple and fast method to respiring your device in order to apply any changes you’ve made.
Table of Contents
What is a respring?
A respring restarts the user interface (Springboard) of the iOS operating system. The main difference between a restart and a respring is that a respring doesn’t switch off the system.
A respring is considered useful when you run into a graphical error or bug. Once the UI restarts, those errors will subside.
Usually, you need to have a jailbreak to restart the Springboard. However, there are a few methods and bugs that allow you to do that without a jailbreak.
4 Methods to respring without jailbreak
Method 1 – iRespring
iRespring is a user-friendly application that exploits a respring bug in iOS. It is developed by iOS developer, Taher aka iClonesOS.
It’s the best way to respring Here’s how you can install it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Step 1 Install Panda Helper VIP on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2 Once you install it, search for iRespring in the app. Press the Install button to install the app.
Step 3 Once it the app appears on your home screen, launch it. Slide the Respring slider all the way to the left.
Step 4 Your iPhone will now respring
It works just about fine on my iPhone 7 plus on iOS 11.1.2. This signifies it is compatible with all versions up to 11.1.2. All versions above that may or may not be compatible with this app.
Method 2 – Camera roll bug
This method uses a bug present in iOS 11. It works with all 64-bit devices and versions up till iOS 11.1.2 and is not tested on iOS 11.2 and above yet.
- Open an app that works in landscape mode, for example, Youtube or Chrome.
- Enter landscape orientation.
- Drag down the notifications section of the lock screen.
- Swipe right to go to the camera.
- Tap on the last photo and then tap All photos present in the top right corner.
- Press the home button one and your device will now respring.
Method 3 – Notification bug
- Swipe left on your home screen and got to the Widgets section.
- Scroll all the way down and tap Edit.
- Now drag down the notifications until it reaches the middle of the screen.
- Slide left on it using your left hand and go to the Widgets section.
- Scroll down and tap Edit and then close it.
- Now press Done (top right corner) in the home screen Widgets section.
Method 4 – Enable Bold text
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Toggle Bold Text on.
- It will now prompt you to restart your iPhone. Tap Continue.
- Your device will now respring. Although iOS says it will restart, it actually only restarts the Springboard.
Method 5 – Respring app
Here’s another iOS app for restarting Springboard. It is developed by Leon M’laiel aka Cynostial.
- Open Safari.
- Go to this URL – respring.lmdinteractive.com
- It will now prompt you to install its profile. Press Install and enter key in your passcode.
- The app will now begin installing on your home screen.
- Once the installation process is over, open it.
- It will now automatically start the respring process. If it doesn’t, you can press the Tap here! button to restart it.
- Once an empty popup appears, scroll down on it and close the app from the App Switcher.
- Your device will now respring.
For more tutorials and guides, follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.