A few hours ago, Apple seeded the second beta iteration of iOS 13.1 firmware update. Here’s how you can install this update on your Apple device.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 13.1 Beta 2?
iOS 13.1 Beta 2 comes with a build number of 17A5831c and weighs 280.4 MB on compatible models.
Although Apple has yet to make the changelog public, here’s a list of the changes we’ve found so far.
- Share sheet now works properly.
- The weather lock screen is functional again.
- Users can now resize wallpapers.
- Bluetooth connection time is now faster.
- Replying to messages from the notification center is now working.
- New icons for the Home app.
- Making a call with Siri automatically invokes the Speaker.
- 3D Touch popup and stock animations are faster and smoother.
- Once you’ve reached the time limit in an app, it won’t let the share sheet have access to it.
Since this update is already public, you can download it straight through the Settings app.
Alternatively, you can save the requisite IPSW file on your Mac or PC and perform a clean upgrade using iTunes.
iOS 13.1/iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Download
Should you upgrade?
I have been running iOS 13.1 Beta 2 on my iPad Pro and it looks super stable thus far. Further, all the bugs and glitches present in the previous beta updates have been patched along with the introduction of several new features.
This firmware will be the standard base operating system on the upcoming iPhone models – iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Max.
So, we highly recommend making the switch if you have the opportunity.