Apple has seeded the seventh beta version of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 to the developers. Here’s how you can download and install it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 13/iPadOS 13 Beta 7?
iOS 13 Beta 7 weighs 263.5 MB and comes with a build number of 17A5565b. Here’s the unofficial changelog comprising changes reported by users so far –
- HomeKit thermometers show temperature again.
- 3D Touch on hyperlinks now gives haptic feedback.
- 3D Touch on a message in Messages detects its language and displays quick reply options in that language.
- Improved Face ID accuracy.
- External mouse support is now available for the iPhone.
- Portrait mode for profile and back of the head for iPhone XR.
- New interface for the “Sign In with Apple” screen.
- Siri Suggestions in the Reminders app.
- CarPlay now has darker and more contrasting backgrounds.
If you are a registered developer, this update should appear in the Apple Developer dashboard. However, if you are a regular user, you can get the latest update using the OTA profile or the IPSW firmware file given below.
iOS 13/iPadOS 13 Beta 7 Download
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch)(2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch)(3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
Should I upgrade?
The seventh iteration of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 comes with a plethora of cosmetic as well as functional changes that are bound to please the beta testers.
If you are using Beta 6 or are still stuck on an older version, it would be wise of you to upgrade your Apple device to this newer version.
Jailbreak users, for obvious reasons, should refrain from upgrading their devices to the latest versions.