Apple has released the third beta update of iOS 12.2 to developers. Here’s how you can get this update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad without a developer account.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 12.2 Beta 3?
The latest update for iOS 12.2, iOS 12.2 Beta 3, weighs around 400MB and has a build number of 16E5201e.
Interestingly, this beta update comes two weeks after the release of Beta 2 of the same version, yet brings no major changes.
The changelog isn’t available as of right now. Most probably, this version will fix bugs present in older betas and improve the stability of the operating system.
Here’s the list of bug fixes and changes in iOS 12.2 Developer Beta 3 –
- A cellular issue that prevented the user to purchase a prepaid data plan on cellular data is now fixed.
- High/low heart rate notifications and irregular rhythm notifications are now accessed as read-only sample types.
- Battery percentage level will no longer be displayed after you remove the device from a charger.
- Photos shared using Sharing Suggestions now load correctly.
- Siri now works in simulator programs.
- Apple News is now available for Canadian users.
As this version is available only for developers, this update will not appear as an OTA download for regular users.
If you aren’t enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, simply click the OTA Profile download button below and get downloading.
iOS 12.2 Beta 3 Download
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
Should you upgrade?
Some users who are still on Beta 2 have reported quite a few crashing and audio stuttering issues in CarPlay. According to Apple’s changelog, this update doesn’t fix any bug related to CarPlay.
So, if you want a fix for these CarPlay bugs, you will have to wait for the next beta.
On the other hand, users who want to move to the latest version for a bug-free experience can update.
I have iPhone7+ 10.3.2 JB with Meridian. I Notice some tweaks not working because I Need Cydia Substrate instead of Substitute. I have SHSH blobs for 10.x 11.x 12.x
can I upgrade to iOS 11.x ?? if Yes to which iOS you recommended me to upgrade??
No, you can’t update to iOS 11 anymore. However, iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 is still signed so use iTunes and upgrade your device asap.