Apple just seeded the fourth developer beta of iOS 12 firmware. Here’s how you can download it on your iPhone or iPad without a developer account.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 12 Beta 4?
The Beta 4 update of iOS 12 doesn’t bring any new features, rather it fixes bugs and glitches present in the previous builds. Its build number is 16A5327f and weighs about 500MB.
According to its release notes, iOS 12 beta 4 resolves the following bugs and issues –
- Fortnite crashing unexpectedly.
- Netflix quitting while downloading a video.
- Route map for a workout might be unavailable.
- “No SIM” notification displayed in iPad when an Apple SIM is inserted without an active plan.
- Screen data time may not sync properly across other devices.
- Voice memos not syncing properly with iTunes.
- Screen Time website usage of children not displaying on parents’ devices.
Apart from this iOS update, Apple also launched watchOS 5 Beta 4 and tvOS 12 Beta 4. You can download these updates from your Developer Center.
If you don’t have a paid developer account, you can simply use the OTA Profile or the IPSW files given below.
Download iOS 12 Beta 4
Should you update?
Yes, you should definitely update if you are affected by the aforementioned bugs. However, there’s no good reason as to why you should update if everything is running smoothly on your current version.
Moreover, early adopters have confirmed that the highly-anticipated Shortcuts app doesn’t ship with this version.
So, hold off before you upgrade to the latest version and wait till Apple officially releases the Shortcuts app.
Check out our Twitter and Facebook pages for more iOS news and updates.