After an excruciating wait, Apple has finally seeded the final iOS 11.3 GM build for all compatible devices. Here’s how you can download and install iOS 11.3 final on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 11.3 final build?
Apple just rolled out the final build of iOS 11.3 to the general public. Its build number is 15E216.
This update weighs exactly 787.4MB on iPhone 8 plus and 2.3GB on iPhone X, which is normal considering it’s a Golden Master build.
Here’s what’s new this version –
Advanced Mobile Location
- Emergency services will be able to detect and track persons in distress more accurately This is a significant improvement as compared to older versions.
- The Lion, bear, dragon, and skull animojis are now a part of the iPhone X.
- ARKit 1.5 allows developers to detect objects on a vertical surface.
- Apple Music will now show music videos to its users without advertisements.
- Each app will now display the app size and version number.
- The user can also sort reviews according to various parameters.
Battery health status
- Your iPhone will now display important battery-related information such as performance and capacity.
- It also recommends the user to get a battery replacement, as and when required.
iMessage in iCloud
- Beginning from iOS 11.3, all your messages will synchronize and backup your iMessage messages in iCloud.
- Whenever the iOS operating system wants to access your private information such as email/password, it will display a privacy alert. Here’s how this alert looks like.
— Dean 👨🏻💻 (@CraftyDeano) January 24, 2018
- iPad now has a smart system in place to safeguard the battery when it charges. This feature protects the battery from excessive wear.
- Remove Game Center friends individually.
- The iPhone X app switcher is now faster than ever.
- Business chat is now accessible with iMessage. Users can schedule meetings, make payments with Apple Pay without revealing any private information.
- Some critical bug and error fixes.
You can download this update over-the-air (Settings > General > Software Update). The update should appear in the Settings section automatically.
Alternatively, you can use the tried-and-tested iTunes upgrade method. If you decide to use iTunes, download the appropriate IPSW firmware file for your device below.
Download iOS 11.3 GM IPSW files
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad 5 9.7-inch (2017)
- iPad 6 9.7-inch (2018)
Should you update?
Yes, I recommend upgrading to iOS 11.3 final version to all users who are currently using an outdated beta version.
The older beta builds contain a lot of bugs, which are no longer present in the final update.
For those of you who are interested in a jailbreak, stick to the lowest firmware possible. Anything below iOS 11.2.6 will be fine right now.
For more iOS firmware updates and news, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.