Apple is currently signing 3 iOS firmware versions. Avid jailbreakers are always on the prowl for such an opportunity. Are you ready to learn the dark arts?
Table of Contents
Why are SHSH Blobs Important?
Saving SHSH Blobs is important because it helps you preserve your jailbreak. If an iOS 10.3 jailbreak tool comes out, you could then update to 10.3 even after Apple stops signing it.
Simply put, they help you preserve your jailbreak.
This signing window is very special and important at the same time. Hence, you can now save SHSH blobs for 3 iOS firmware versions.
- You don’t need to be on a specific firmware version to save blobs for it. You can save SHSH blobs for iOS 10.3 while your device is running iOS 10.2.
- It doesn’t matter if your device is jailbroken, you can still save blobs if it’s not jailbroken.
- TSS Saver is super user-friendly. You don’t need to select any firmware version on this website. It will automatically save SHSH2 blobs for signed firmware versions.
Out of these firmware versions, saving blobs for iOS 10.3 is the most important.
How to Save SHSH2 Blobs for iOS 10.2.1, 10.3, 10.3.1 Firmware
Step 1 Open this website – tsssaver.1conan.com.
Step 2 Now, this tool requires a few details related to our device before it saves our blobs. Find the ECID of your iOS device. Here’s how to find it –
- If your device is jailbroken, use UDID Calculator and copy your ECID.
- If your device is not jailbroken, connect it to the computer. Open iTunes and go to the device summary page in iTunes and click your serial number twice. It will now say ECID. Copy the string of letters and numbers.
Step 3 Set the ECID value to –
- Hexadecimal if you used iTunes to find your ECID.
- Decimal if you used UDID Calculator to find your ECID.
Step 4 Paste your ECID number in the ECID field.
Step 5 Select your device and model number in the Identifier section.
Step 6 If you have an iPhone 6+/6s+/SE, you will need to fill an additional field called Internal Name/Model | Board Configuration. If you own a different device, move onto the next step.
Follow the steps given below to find your Board Configuration –
- Download Battery Memory System Status Monitor application from App Store.
- Go to System tab and note the Model number.
You can also use Geekbench 4 application to get your board configuration.
Step 7 If you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus, you can set the apnonce.
Step 8 Tick the “I’m not a robot” checkbox and click on the Submit button.
Step 9 The tool will now open a page with all your saved .shsh2 blobs.
Step 10 Select the Download ZIP option to download all your saved blobs. You can also save them to OneDrive or Dropbox just to make sure you don’t lose them.
Step 11 Open the downloaded ZIP archive and make sure the .shsh2 file is present in there.
That’s it, you’re done. TSS Saver has saved SHSH blobs for all three firmware versions automatically! You can safely use Prometheus tool in the future to upgrade to unsigned firmware.
If TSS Saver is not saving your blobs properly and returning empty folders, try resubmitting again.