Apple has secretly released a new update for iTunes that brings back a highly requested feature back. Here’s where you can download it for PC and Mac.
Table of Contents
Apple secretly releases a new iTunes update
In a first, Apple has released an older version of iTunes, after releasing a newer version. The latest version at present is 220.127.116.11. while this version is 12.6.3.
Therefore, this is actually a downgrade rather than an upgrade.
As far as compatibility goes, this build is compatible with all devices including the new ones such as iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
This is a bizarre move by Apple and I am not able to ascertain the exact reason behind this release yet.
Download iTunes 12.6.3
How to install iTunes 12.6.3 on Windows and Mac
- Download the installer for your operating system using the links above.
- Simply run the installer and install it over your current version.
- Your version will now show up as 12.6.3, not 12.7. You will now need to upgrade iTunes manually using the installer of the latest version.
- Remember, your existing iTunes library won’t become compatible after installing this update. You must have access to an old backup of your previous library or you can create a new Library from scratch.
- To create a new library, press Shift (Windows) or Option (Mac) and then run iTunes.
This is a boon for those who download heavy apps for their devices.
Will you be downgrading or staying on v12.7? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more Apple news and updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.