Apple has just seeded the fifth beta version of its latest iOS version, iOS 11. It is now available for download for developers.
Table of Contents
Apple Seeds iOS 11 beta 5 to Developers
As I expected, Apple introduces many changes, enhancements and performance optimizations.
A new FaceTime dial tone is now in place. We also have a new welcome screen in iPad multitasking and a security feature for authenticating computers.
You can download iOS 11 beta 5 firmware version via the Apple Developer Center or use OTA (Settings> General> Software Update).
Here are the direct download links for iOS 11 beta 5. You can use these without being a member of Apple’s developer program.
As always, don’t forget to perform a complete backup before you update your iOS device.
Download iOS 11 beta 5 without Developer account
- iPad Air
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
Here’s the full list of all changes in this beta update.
- You will no longer be able to save iMessage history to iCloud.
- The Control Center music section has been redesigned with a new button at the top right corner. such as Speaker, AirPods, or AirPlay. That is, if you click on it, you can choose what you connect so much easier and faster than before.
- Screen recording now turns the status bar red instead of blue.
- The Settings app icon has been redesigned. It now has a black background instead of a gray one.
- The camera app icon now looks more minimalistic as compared to the older icon.
- 3D Touch on a Control Center icon that lacks this feature now emulates normal touch.
- New playback and pause icons in the Control Center.
- The album and the artist now appear in the music widget on the lock screen.
- The Spotlight search stays on the screen as you scroll through.
- New animation that alerts you about AirPlay.
- A new screen and animations in iPad multitasking.
- “Smart Invert” feature no longer inverts the colors in the dock.
- Apps that use location tracking in the background will not appear as blue in the status bar.
Regardless of all these new features, iOS 11 beta 5 is still a bit buggy, to say the least. If you are interested in jailbreaking, there’s no good reason as to why you should upgrade.
If you plan to install this beta, don’t forget to notify us about the new features in this version.
For more Apple news, subscribe to our social channels.