Apple has seeded the fifth beta update of iOS 13 as well as iPadOS, two weeks after seeding the fourth beta. Here’s how you can download this update without a developer account.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 13/iPadOS Beta 5?
Here’s a quick rundown of all new features discovered thus far in iOS 13/iPadOS Beta 5 –
- Automation tab has (temporarily) disappeared from the Shortcuts app. According to an Apple software developer, this feature has only been removed temporarily and will return in a future beta build.
- Six new wallpapers added to the Home app.
- Volume HUD is sleekier.
- Background audio works in the Files app.
- There are new goals in the Activity app.
- Volume HUD now supports haptic feedback.
- Volume HUD automatically disappears while taking a screenshot.
- Switching from light mode to dark mode is now smoother.
- Screenshots are now rounded.
- Mail drafts are now stored in a tabbed format.
- Adjust the icon layout on the home screen. You can choose from 4×5 or 6×5 icons.
- A smaller cursor for mouse support.
- Redesigned share sheet.
- Option to reopen closed windows.
- “Merge All Windows” option added to Safari web browser.
Registered developers can get this update from the Apple Developer Center. However, those without a developer certificate can still download this version using the download links below.
This update weighs about 550 MB on all compatible devices.
iOS 13 Beta 5 Download
Should I upgrade?
Staying true to the tradition, Apple has added several jailbreak-style features (especially to the volume HUD) to the fifth beta update.
All in all, there are plenty of fresh changes in this update that will appeal to the beta enthusiasts.
If you happen to be on Beta 4 or an older build, the time is ripe to make the switch. Fire up your device and get downloading!