Apple has seeded the public and developer beta updates to iOS 12.2. Here’s how you can get these updates for iPhone and iPad.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 12.2 Beta 6?
The size of iOS 12.2 Beta 6 update is a mere 120MB, yet it packs quite a lot of new features and user interface enhancements. Its build number is 16E5227a.
Here is the complete list of changes that this version brings –
- A new warranty section in Settings > General > About. It displays the time left for the device’s warranty to expire.
- Addition of Apple Care to the Settings app.
In spite of all its features, it comes with its fair share of bugs. For instance, some users have reported that iMessage messages are displaying random contacts instead of actual contacts.
You can get this update for your Apple device using the download links given below. If, however, you own a paid developer account, downloading and installing this version from Apple Developer Center is recommended.
iOS 12.2 Beta 6 Download
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- Pro iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- Pro iPad (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
Should you upgrade your device?
With the release of the sixth beta, we’re definitely inching closer to the GM build. Judging by the build number of the current update, it’s highly likely that Apple will seed another beta sometime during the next week.
Therefore, it’s better to hold off an update for a week or two so you can move straight onto the final Golden Master build.
Nevertheless, you can update your device right now if you want the aforementioned features on your iPhone or iPad right now.