Apple has seeded the third beta update to iOS 12.4 to developers as well as public beta testers. Here’s how you can download it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 12.4 Beta 3?
iOS 12.4 Beta 3 weighs about 250MB and comes with a build number of 16G5038d. This update brings plenty of bug fixes as well as the following changes –
- New modem firmware for iPhone XS
- A new icon for the stock Feedback app
If you are a developer, you can get this beta version from Apple Developer Center.
Public beta testers, on the other hand, can get this update from Settings > General > Software Update or by using the IPSW links given below.
iOS 12.4 Beta 3 Download
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
Should you upgrade?
As you already know, Apple’s upcoming operating system will not support older devices.
So, the Cupertino company is taking extra care to ensure iOS 12 – the last major update for these devices – to stay as bug-free as possible.
Devices having A7 or A8 processors, that is, iPhone 5S, iPad Air and iPad mini 2 are all set to bite the dust this year. Therefore, it makes sense to upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible if you own a legacy device.