iOS 11.1.2 is already unsigned and a lot of users are still stuck on lower versions of iOS 11. Here’s how you can update from iOS 11.0.1-11.1 to iOS 11.1.2 with SHSH Blobs.
Table of Contents
Why should you upgrade to iOS 11.1.2?
iOS 11 is the most bug-ridden major operating system update by Apple till date. Consequently, the earlier versions such as iOS 11.0.1 and 11.1 are very unstable and aren’t worth using on your daily driver.
Therefore, I recommend everyone to move to iOS 11.1.2 or 11.1.1, at least. Doing so will ensure you will be the first to receive the complete jailbreak.
Apart from that, your device will also be more stable and snappier.
For those who are already on this version, you can clean restore to iOS 11.1.2 if you are experiencing errors or glitches.
Here’s the complete restore tutorial for going from iOS 11.0.x to 11.1.2 or performing a clean restore on the same version.
Remember, iPhone 8/8 plus, and iPhone X are not supported and untested as of yet.
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 11
- A computer running macOS, Linux, or Windows
- Internet connection
How to update from iOS 11.0.1-11.1.1 to iOS 11.1.2 with SHSH Blobs
- Download FutureRestore for macOS, Linux, and Windows. Extract it to any location on your computer.
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW firmware file for your device from ipsw.me.
- Ensure you have SHSH Blob file for your target firmware available on your local storage.
Step 1 Connect your device to the computer. Sideload and install the NonceSet1112 app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Step 2 Open your SHSH2 file with Notepad++ and search for “<string>”. Copy this hexadecimal string as shown below.
Step 3 Open the NonceSet1112 app and manually set this string as your nonce.
Step 4 Once it confirms that you the nonce is set, you can move onto the next phase.
- Open Terminal.
- Drag the futurerestore_macos into the terminal window.
- Enter –t [drag Blob file] –latest-sep –latest-baseband [drag IPSW file]
- Press return key.
- Wait for the restore process to get over.
- Open a command prompt window in future restore’s directory (Right click on address bar > Edit address > type “cmd”).
- Drag the futurerestore executable file over to downloaded.
- Enter this command – –t [drag Blob file] –latest-sep –latest-baseband [drag IPSW file]
- Press Enter.
- Wait for it to restore your device.
That’s pretty much it.