Another day, another tweak. SnapFrogi brings cool new features for Snapchat. Here’s how you can install and enable it on your iPhone.
Table of Contents
How SnapFrogi works
Snapchat is, without a doubt, one of the heavily tweaked iOS apps – and for good reason. Users use it to save Snaps and check out stories anonymously, among other blocked actions.
But as Snapchat continues to nuke existing tweaks, users have been on the prowl for alternatives. That is where this new tweak comes in.
SnapFrogi Cydia tweak adds new features to the stock Snapchat app for iOS. It is developed by Kurdish tweak developer Karwan BK.
Apart from the run-of-the-mill features like bypassing screenshot detection, it lets you perform a whole host of locked actions.
Here’s a quick rundown of its key features –
- No screenshot detection
- No screen recording detection
- Hide typing
- Custom snap views
- French, Russian, Arabic support
- Anti-jailbreak detection
- Custom snap score (deprecated)
- Hide from camera roll (deprecated)
- Hide from Memories (deprecated)
SnapFrogi comes with a simple yet feature-rich preferences section. Here’s how you can set this tweak up on your iPhone –
- No Screenshot Detector (on) – No one will know you screenshotted a chat or story.
- No Screen Recording Detector (on) – Users won’t know you have recorded chats and snaps.
- Hide From Camera Roll (on) – Snap any photo or video and no one will know you uploaded from camera roll. This feature doesn’t work properly in version 1.0.0.
- Hide From Memories (on) – Snap any photo or video from Memories and no one will know that the snap is from memories. This feature doesn’t work properly in version 1.0.0.
- Email Verify (on) – Blocks verification via email.
- Phone Verify (on) – Blocks verification via phone number.
- Hide Typing (on) – Your friends won’t know that you are typing in chat.
- Famous User (on) – Turns on the famous user option and enables Insights for your Snapchat account. This option doesn’t work like it’s supposed to because it is server-sided. Therefore, Snap’s servers don’t let you access your account’s Insights since your account is not actually tagged as “famous”.
Does it have built-in DRM Protection?
Unlike Phantom and Spectre, SnapFrogi doesn’t have a dedicated DRM bypass built into it.
Karwan confirmed this on Twitter recently and also warned users that they assume all the risks and consequences of using his tweak on their devices.
no anti band in that tweak
you take all risks by using it
— Karwan BK (@Karwanbk) August 25, 2018
Having said that, the developer has been using this tweak for 11 days without a temporary ban.
According to the developer, the upcoming update will include “anti-jailbreak detection”, so you can expect some level of protection. But, of course, until that feature goes live, you can push your luck and just install this tweak.
As for me, I’ve been using it for a couple of hours – and so far, so good. If I experience temporary locks or bans, I will promptly update this article.
We’re unsure where the developer got the inspiration for the name. But if we’ve learned one thing after jailbreaking our devices for so long, it’s this – it’s not stupid if it works.
SnapFrogi doesn’t fail to deliver and enhances your Snapchat experience like no other. Highly recommended.
SnapFrogi is available for download on Kurd iOS repo (http://repo.kurdios.com) for free. It is compatible with iOS 10 and 11.
- Remember, the developer will deprecate the “Famous user” and camera roll and memories options in version 1.0.1. This version should go up on BigBoss in a couple of hours.
- A soft jailbreak detection bypass coming soon in version 1.0.1.