While Hulu shows responsible and non-intrusive advertisements, not many of us like them. Here are three methods you can try that will permanently remove all commercials.
Table of Contents
Is there any way to skip Hulu ads?
Yes, there are three ways you can skip Hulu ads and commercials in 2017.
- Cydia tweak – The first route is absolutely free to use and involves running a jailbreak on your device.
- Flex patch – This is yet another unofficial method to remove the ads once and for all.
- Hulu No Commercials – This is the official way to remove commercials and advertisements completely.
The first two methods are free to use whereas the official method is, of course, paid. Here’s how you can make use of these various methods on your iPhone and iPad.
Skip Hulu ads/commercials on iPhone and iPad 
1. Cydia Tweak
Huu for Hulu is a new Cydia tweak that disables Hulu’s in-app advertisements and commercials along with its inbuilt jailbreak detection mechanism. It is developed by tweak developer White Sauce, who is a newcomer on the jailbreak scene.
This jailbreak tweak is very easy to use and comes with just two options –
- No Jailbreak Check – Bypasses app’s jailbreak detection. I recommend you keep it switched on at all times.
- Scrub Advertisements – Disables advertisements and is enabled by default.
You can download this tweak from the default BigBoss Cydia repository for free. It is compatible with iOS 9 and 10.
This is incompatible with all versions of iOS 8 but the developer is working to add support for it. This will be difficult to pull off since getting your hands on an older IPA is easy now.
All in all, this is probably your best bet right now so go ahead and give it a try if you own a jailbroken device. Remember, uninstall any other similar tweak or Flex patch to avoid conflicts with this tweak.
2. Flex patch
The patch is free to install and use but Flex 3 will cost you $4. Here’s the patch you would want to install on your iPhone or iPad.
Flex patches are developed by the Flex community so they need not work every time.
3. Hulu No Commercials
If you don’t have a jailbroken device, this is the only method that will work for you. Since this involves using the official app, we won’t be using any “hacks” here.
- All you need to do is upgrade your plan to Hulu No Commercials, which costs $11.99/month.
- You can also go with their Limited Commercials plan which costs $7.99/month.
Remember, these plans still allow some advertisements and commercials despite their price.
If you know about any other method or fix, let us know about it in the comments section below.
For more hacks and tips, subscribe to our social channels.