Developer iApeiron has just released version 2.1 of Savethemblobs utility. Let’s find out more about what’s changed in this update.
Table of Contents
What is Savethemblobs?
Savethemblobs is a Python script that grabs SHSH Blobs for signed firmware versions automatically.
It allows you to save your SHSH Blobs on –
- Local storage (on your computer)
- Cydia server
It depends on “Python 2.7 pip” and “requests” because this script uses Python programming language. The API of this script is not compatible with a few device yet. The developer is working on that and will add support soon.
- Download Latest version (2.1)
What’s new in Savethemblobs 2.1?
This version is a major upgrade. This iteration brings many important changes. You can read the complete changelog below –
- This script can also grab SHSH Blobs cached on Cydia servers and save them on your computer.
- It now works automatically with future firmware versions.
- It now gives a much simpler print out.
- Better support for iDeviceReRestore downgrade/upgrade tool (download here).
- Version 2.0 also brings many bug fixes.
Get Saving your Blobs now!
Saving your Blobs is very important as Pangu jailbreak is just around the corner.
It’s a bit difficult to use for beginners because it’s a script. It doesn’t come with a user-friendly GUI, which makes it a bit more cumbersome to use.
However, it makes saving Blobs a breeze once you get the hang of it. I will soon write a detailed step by step tutorial for saving SHSH Blobs with Savethemblobs.
You can use other tools to save your SHSH blobs in a much simpler manner.
For more such updates, tutorials, and downloads, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.