rootlessJB brings tweak support to iOS 11.3.1 but installation seems to be very difficult due to the lack of Cydia. Here’s a tutorial that will help make your life easier.
Table of Contents
How tweak installation works on rootlessJB
Since rootlessJB jailbreak lacks Cydia, you must install all tweaks manually. This can be achieved either by using SSH commands or transferring tweak files with Filza, the latter being relatively easier to use.
Thankfully enough, the IPA file is now publicly available online and you can download it using the link given below.
For those of you who have already used Electra jailbreak toolkit in the past, this should be a no-brainer. As for those of you who are new to jailbreaking, please refrain from installing stuff manually and wait for Electra.
- Important – You must patch all tweaks using a Mac. The patcher, as of now, does not work on Windows or Linux. The link below already contains pre-patched packages that you can readily download and install on your device.
Download Filza for iOS 11.3.1
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- iOS 11.2-11.3.1 firmware
- rootlessJB jailbreak
- A computer running macOS, Windows, or Linux
- Cydia Impactor
- Filza for iOS 11.3.1
How to download and install jailbreak tweaks on iOS 11.3.1 and below
Step 1 Download the Filza IPA file using the link above.
Step 2 Launch Cydia Impactor and drag the Filza IPA file onto its window. If your computer doesn’t have Cydia Impactor, you can install it using this link.
Step 3 Enter your Apple ID email and password to authorize the installation of the file manager on your Apple device. Wait for the app to appear on your home screen.
Download and extract
Step 4 Download ZipApp Free from the App Store.
Step 5 Download the Debian package of the tweak you want to install from here. Be sure to use the stock Safari web browser only for this purpose.
Step 6 Open the Debian package (.deb format) using ZipApp Free app and extract the files present in the archive. The location of the extracted files on your device’s filesystem is /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application.
Step 7 Open Filza from your home screen and navigate to the aforementioned location. Sort this folder according to date and check the latest one that contains the tweak files. If you are unable to find the required files, use the search function in Filza.
- Copy <tweak name>.plist and <tweak name>.dylib files from Library > MobileSubstrate > DynamicLibraries to the /var/containers/Bundle/tweaksupport/usr/lib/TweakInject/ folder.
- Copy the animations folder of Cylinder (named “Cylinder”) to /var/containers/Bundle/tweaksupport/Library. Perform this step only if you are installing Cylinder tweak.
Step 9 Respring your device using any of these methods. Restarting the Springboard is essential to inject tweaks. If you skip this step, your tweaks will not get “loaded”.
Check out our Facebook and Twitter channels for more jailbreak tutorials.