As you know, Saurik has updated Cydia Impactor to version 0.9.41. This fixed a lot of errors but it also broke its functionality with Apple TV.
Update (March 30) – The latest LiberTV jailbreak release fixes this error. So make sure you use the latest version of IPA file before you begin.
Table of Contents
What is plist.hpp:500 Error?
Cydia Impactor is throwing plist.hpp:500 error for Apple TV 4 users. If you now try to install LiberTV jailbreak on your Apple TV 4, you will get this error as well.
Here’s what this error looks like.
_assert(plist_get_node_type(plist) == PLIST_DICT)
This error is limited to Apple TV 4 users only. Cydia Impactor throws this error due to certificate conflicts.
Before we begin, have the following things ready.
- Download Cydia Impactor
- A computer running Windows/Mac/Linux
- A USB cable
- Apple TV 4
Fixing these errors is really simple.
How to Fix plist.hpp:500 Cydia Impactor Error on Apple TV 4
- Connect your Apple TV 4th generation to the computer.
- Launch Cydia Impactor utility.
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to recognize your Apple TV 4G.
- Go to the Xcode tab in Impactor.
- Select Revoke Certificates option as shown below.
This will surely fix the plist.hpp:500 error. For fixing other Cydia Impactor errors, read this guide.
Here are some other tutorials you may find interesting –
- LiberTV tvOS 10 Jailbreak for Apple TV 4 [FAQ]
- Download LiberTV Jailbreak for Apple TV 4 [tvOS 10]
- Yalu can Jailbreak Apple TV on tvOS 10.1 #MakeAppleTVGreatAgain
If you are still getting any error, write a comment below.