Just when everyone thought Team Pangu was dead, they jailbreak iOS 10.3.1, that too, on iPhone 7. Let’s find out more details about this upcoming jailbreak.
- Update (April 26) – Pangu jailbreak will be released within a week.
Table of Contents
Team Pangu Jailbreaks iOS 10.3.1
Everyone was expecting Team Pangu to come out with something special at MOSEC. According to some rumors, they were also working on an iOS 10.2.1 jailbreak.
Now, it seems they have surprised us all. Team Pangu has successfully jailbroken iPhone 7 on iOS 10.3.1. This is great news for everyone stuck on iOS 10.3.1 without a jailbreak.
This new jailbreak was recently demoed at a Chinese security conference.
Here’s a member of Team Pangu demonstrating a vulnerability in iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.1.
It is clear that they have successfully pwned iPhone 7’s KPP (Kernel Patch Protection). For those who don’t know, KPP is the missing part of the iOS 10.2 jailbreak puzzle.
KPP was the only thing that prevented an iOS 10.2 jailbreak on iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
Here’s another photo from the same security conference.
A user messaged me and asked that a 10.2.1 jailbreak would be more beneficial. To be honest, a lot of users will not be able to enjoy that jailbreak.
Here are the reasons why iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak is better than iOS 10.2.1 jailbreak –
- Many users have already updated to iOS 10.3 firmware.
- iOS 10.2.1 is no longer being signed by Apple.
- iOS 10.3 brings new APFS file system that increases performance and frees up space.
Prepare your Device for Pangu iOS 10.3.1 Jailbreak
As always, many people have their doubts about the release date. Nonetheless, it’s wise to stay safe and save your SHSH blobs.
Here’s what you need to do now –
- Stay on your current firmware and save SHSH blobs. Follow this tutorial to save your SHSH blobs.
- DO NOT update as these versions have a jailbreak. If you haven’t jailbroken yet, download Yalu jailbreak here.
- Stay there and save SHSH blobs.
- Update to iOS 10.3.1. It’s safe to update as these versions don’t have a jailbreak as of yet.
- If you are on iOS 10.3.1, stay there and wait for a jailbreak.
iOS 10.3.2 beta
- If you are on iOS 10.3.2 beta version, downgrade to iOS 10.3.1 while Apple is still signing it.
Although many jailbreakers are content with a 10.1.1/10.2 jailbreak, it’s always good to have a jailbreak for the latest firmware version.
As you know, mach_portal jailbreak for iPhone 7/7+ is rather unstable. So, it will be great for these devices to have a stable jailbreak as well.
When will Team Pangu Release iOS 10.3.1 Jailbreak?
A lot of users have been messaging me for an iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak. Hopefully, iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak should be released soon.
Team Pangu had also developed a jailbreak for iOS 10. However, their iOS 10 jailbreak never saw the light of day as their exploit was patched. So they released it as an iOS 9.2-9.3.3 jailbreak.
According to my calculations, Pangu iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak will arrive after Apple released iOS 11.
Let us all get aboard the hype train!
Are you desperately waiting for an iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak? If yes, then be sure to leave a comment below.