After releasing four betas, Apple has finally seeded iOS 13.1.2 along with iPadOS 13.1.2. Here’s how you can download it for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 13.1.2?
iOS 13.1.2 as well as its iPad counterpart, iPadOS 13.1.2, are now available for download to users.
For the iPhone, the update is available for users having the iPhone 6S or above. As for iPadOS 13.1.2, users with an iPad Air 2 or newer model can upgrade.
Here’s what’s new in this version according to Apple’s official changelog –
- Fixes a bug where the iCloud Backup progress bar continued to display even after a backup.
- Fixes a bug where the native Camera app may not work.
- Fixes a bug where the flashlight may not start.
- Fixes a bug which could result in the loss of display calibration information.
- Fixes a bug where shortcuts could not be triggered from HomePod.
- Fixes a bug where Bluetooth may disconnect.
If you wish to upgrade your Apple device, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Settings app and go to General > Software Update.
- Wait for your device to fetch the update.
- Tap Download and install.
- Wait until your device has restarted and the installation is complete.
Alternatively, you can also perform the update via iTunes using the download links below.
iOS 13.1.2/iPadOS 13.1.2 Download
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
Should you upgrade?
Just like its predecessor, the rollout of the iOS 13 operating system has not been without problems thus far.
After the release on September 19, Apple released iOS 13.1 just a few days later. This update added quite a few features that were originally intended to ship with iOS 13.0 but did not meet the deadline.
Not much later, iOS 13.1.1 was released, a minor update that addressed the keyboard bug. iOS 13.1.2 fixes the camera app bug along with plenty of other issues.
If you are iOS 13.1.1 or are still sitting tight on iOS 13.0, it’s time for a much-needed upgrade.