Just a week after releasing iOS 12.3 (final), Apple has seeded yet another update to iOS 12. Check out the download links below.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 12.3.1?
iOS 12.3.1 update, having a build number of 16F203, is now available for download to the public. This version patches a major bug in Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and a few bugs in Message.
According to the official Apple changelog, the following bugs have been patched –
- Fixes an issue that prevented users to receive or make calls through VoLTE.
- Fixes an error in the Messages app that could cause messages from unknown senders to show up in the conversations list even if the “Filter Unkown Senders” option was activated.
- Fixes an error that could prevent the “Report Junk” link from showing on message threads from unknown senders in the messages app.
If you have a compatible Apple device, you can download this update from Settings> General> Software Update. Depending on your device, the size of the update will vary from 50-75 MB.
Alternatively, you can get this update using the IPSW links given below and perform a manual upgrade using iTunes.
iOS 12.3.1 Download
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
Should you upgrade?
iOS 12.3.1 is a relatively non-standard update, as in most cases, similar operating system updates go through a rigorous beta testing process.
However, it quashes three major bugs present in iOS 12.3. If your device is affected by any of the aforementioned bugs, it’s time for a much-needed update.