Apple just seeded the seventh beta update of iOS 12 to developers. Here’s how you can download iOS 12 Beta 7 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 12 Beta 7?
iOS 12 Beta 7 weighs around 300-500 MB and has a build number of 16A5354b. Just like its predecessors, it’s an “improvement” update and fixes the following bugs present in beta 6 –
- Settings quitting unexpectedly after viewing or selecting a voice in Speech settings.
- Settings quitting unexpectedly when accessing “Siri & Search” preferences.
- Apple TV 3rd-generation not functioning properly as a HomeKit hub.
- CarPlay shortcuts that need confirmation may not work properly.
Surprisingly, the all-new Group FaceTime feature has been axed completely from this build. According to the release notes, Apple will include it in a future firmware update.
As far as new features go, the “USB Settings” section receives some new options. You will now need to unlock your passcode-protected device before connecting it to a computer or a USB accessory.
Furthermore, if you use a USB device to key in your passcode, you can set it up by enabling “USB Accessories” from the Settings app.
If you are enrolled in Apple’s developer program, you can get this update from your developer dashboard. If you don’t have a paid developer certificate, you can use the download links given below.
- Important – Download links will go live within a few minutes.
iOS 12 Beta 7 Download
Should you update?
According to early adopters, this update is super-buggy and slows down all compatible devices, especially the iPhone X.
All in all, there’s nothing new in iOS 12 Beta 7 build except for a few USB settings. You should probably wait for the next beta update if you want to upgrade your device.