Electra jailbreak, originally released for iOS 11.0-11.3.1, has just been updated for iOS 11.14 and above. Here’s how you can download and install this jailbreak tool on your iPhone or iPad.
Table of Contents
Electra1141 jailbreak is an updated version of Electra jailbreak toolkit compatible with iOS 11.4-11.4.1. It is developed by Coolstar.
The latest iteration of this iOS 11.4.1 jailbreak tool replaces older exploits (multipath/empty_list) with exploits by Tihmstar and Brandon Azad.
- voucher_swap exploit for A9 models and above (iPhone 6s, 6s plus, SE, iPad (2017) and later).
- treadm1ll exploit for the A7 and A8 device lineup (iPhone 5s/6/6 plus, iPod touch 6th-generation and iPad mini 4)
Unlike unc0ver jailbreak, exploit selection is done manually based on your model and firmware version. If your device is not stable on either exploit currently, you must manually select the most reliable one.
Although the latest version adds support for iOS 11.4-11.4.1, you can still use it on iOS 11.0-11.3.1 just like Electra1131 jailbreak. Check out the tutorial if you don’t know how to get the jailbreak app on your device.
iOS 11.4-11.4.1 Jailbreak Download
- v1.3.2 – Ships both Sileo and Cydia package managers.
- v1.3.1 – Increases success rate on A7 and A8 devices on iOS 11.2-11.4.1, update for liboffsetfinder64.
- v1.3.0 – Replace the jailbreakd daemon with the all-new jailbreakd2 daemon. Fixes freezing and makes resprings faster.
- v1.2.7 – Build tested successfully on an A7 device. Fixes kernel panic bug in v1ntex exploit.
- v1.2.6 – Fixes offset finder path issue for A7/A8 models.
- v1.2.5 – Fixes post-exploitation and sandbox escape issues on A7/A8 models.
- v1.2.3 – Replaces treadm1ll exploit with Tihmstar’s v1ntex exploit only for A7/A8-chip models. Fixes issues with initial ldrestart.
- v1.2.2 – Fixes async_wake exploit and nonce generator button.
- v1.2.1 – Fixes build number for iOS 11.4-11.4.1.
- v1.2.0 – Adds support for iOS 11.4-11.4.1 firmware by replacing the empty_list exploit with the voucher_swap exploit. Fixes random reboots.
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- A compatible iOS version
- A computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux (optional)
- Cydia Impactor utility
How to jailbreak iOS 11.4-11.4.1 with Electra1141
Without computer (recommended)
This method is recommended for users who don’t own or have access to a computer. While using online installers can be a risky affair, just be sure to use a legitimate app and you will good to go.
Step 1 Open Safari web browser.
Step 2 Go to ignition.fun and tap Install Now to install the application on your device.
You can also use the jailbreaks.fun application, which is also maintained by the developer team of Ignition. The only difference between these two apps is the user interface.
Step 3 Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and trust the certificate belonging to Ignition.
Step 4 Launch the app from your home screen.
Step 5 Tap the “apps” icon, tap Jailbreaks, scroll down, and select the latest version of Electra jailbreak – Electra1141. Make sure the app is currently signed.
Step 6 Tap the GET button and wait for the installation screen to show up.
Step 7 Wait for the installation popup to show up. Tap Install to install the jailbreak tool on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 8 Once the app finishes installing, go back to your home screen and launch it.
Step 9 Tap Jailbreak to start the jailbreak process.
Step 10 Select the appropriate exploit (voucher_swap or treadm1ll) for your device. If you are not sure about which exploit you should choose, check the exploit compatibility list above.
Step 11 Wait for the app to install Cydia. That’s all there’s to it! You can now launch Cydia from your home screen.
Step 1 Download Electra1141 IPA file using the download links given above save it on the desktop. Make sure you use the version marked as “latest”.
Step 2 Launch Cydia Impactor signing utility. If you don’t have it installed it on your computer, go and download it from this page.
Step 3 Drag the IPA file you downloaded in step 1 to Cydia Impactor’s window.
Step 4 Enter your Apple ID credentials and wait for Cydia Impactor to install the application on your device.
Step 5 Once the iOS 11.4.1 jailbreak app finishes installing, go to your home screen and launch it.
Step 6 Tap the Jailbreak button and select the appropriate exploit from the popup menu. Be sure to check the compatibility of both exploits from the list above.
Step 7 Wait for Electra to install Cydia. Once the jailbreak process is complete, launch Cydia from your home screen and start installing your favorite tweaks and packages.
Are you running into errors?
If you experiencing errors while jailbreaking iOS 11.4/11.4.1, check out the tutorials given below.
- How to fix overheating and battery drain on Electra jailbreak
- How to fix “error: exploit” on Electra1131 jailbreak
- How to fix “error: rootfs remount” on Electra1131 jailbreak
- Electra1131 jailbreak errors and fixes [FAQ]
- How to safely switch to unc0ver from Electra jailbreak
If for some reason you aren’t a huge fan of Coolstar and his jailbreak, you can simply use unc0ver jailbreak, which is just as good as Electra, from this link.
As always, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook if you liked this tutorial.