Apple has just released iOS 11.1 final for the general public. Here’s how you can download it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 11.1 Final?
There have been a lot changes in iOS 11.1 as is evident from its beta releases.
The final version contains performance and security updates along with the usual bug fixes that were present in older versions. Its build number is 15B93 and it is similar to the fifth beta build.
Here’s a list of all improvements and new features.
- This version plugs the infamous KRACK vulnerability present in iPhone WiFi chip’s firmware. This vulnerability allows hackers to sniff out information over any WiFi network without the user knowing. You can read more about KRACK attacks here.
- The highly useful 3D Touch App Switcher gesture is now back in action.
- A huge collection of emojis, including the Hijab emoji, is now available on the emoji keyboard. You can also insert a related emoji whenever you use a specific word.
- Some minor improvements include a new camera icon and a faster unlock animation.
Surprisingly, some bugs are still present and important features are also missing.
- This build doesn’t fix the Calculator bug. As of now, only iOS 11.2 beta 1 seems to have a fix for that.
- Apple Pay Cash is still missing from this update.
You can download this version using the IPSW firmware file or by installing the necessary OTA profile (Settings > General > Software Update).
Download iOS 11.1 Final IPSW and OTA Profile
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,4)
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s GSM
- iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Air 1
- iPad mini 2
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) (1st generation)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (1st generation)
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
For more firmware releases and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.