Another day, another tweak. HUDPlayer is a new Cydia tweak that brings changes to the Volume HUD in iOS 9 and 10. Let’s find out how it works.
Table of Contents
How HUDPlayer Works
Admit it, no one likes the native Volume HUD used in iOS. It’s way too intrusive and the block takes up quite a bit of space.
This feels uneasy and forces you to stop whatever you are doing so you can change the volume.
This is where HUDPlayer comes in.
HUDPlayer Cydia tweak gets rid of the native Volume HUD block and replaces it with a slick banner. This new banner is aligned at the top of the screen and allows you to set more than just the volume.
Here’s what this tweak looks like in action.
If you are playing music in the background, HUDPlayer displays the album art instead of a speaker. The name of the song and album will also be displayed.
This tweak also has a a comprehensive preferences list. None of these changes require you to respring.
Here’s a list of what you can customize –
- Enable or disable the tweak.
- Use macOS volume sound.
- Apple a dark blur effect.
- Automatically choose color from album art.
- Make corners of the album art round.
- Change the color of the volume banner.
- Set the time before volume banner exits.
This tweak is neat and very well designed and, above all, it’s free.
I really hope Apple changes the Volume HUD in iOS 11. Until then, keep using HUDPlayer.
HUDPlayer is available for download on BigBoss Cydia repo for free. It is compatible with iOS 9 and iOS 10.
For more such tweaks and downloads, like us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here are some interesting tweaks and tips for Cydia addicts –
- Best Cydia Repos/Sources for iOS 10-10.2 [2017 List]
- Best Respring Cydia Tweaks for iOS 10 [DOWNLOAD]
- HideMeX (iOS 10) – Best Customization Tweak Ever Built!