Another day, another tweak. Gmail Midnight brings a stunning night mode to the Gmail app. Download this Cydia tweak for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch below.
Table of Contents
How Gmail Midnight works
Although YouTube now has a native dark mode, the Gmail app still has the age-old “white” user interface. This is where this new tweak comes in.
Gmail Midnight Cydia tweak adds a slick-looking dark mode to the Gmail app for iOS. It is developed by tweak developer, Foxfort Mobile.
Here’s how this tweak looks like in action.
The main screen goes completely black except while still keeping the email content and other data sufficiently illuminated.
The “compose” screen, too, looks just as good.
This tweak comes with a very simple but powerful preferences section.
I use the following settings on my device –
- Enabled (on) – Enables the night mode theme for the stock Gmail app.
- Enable dark keyboard (on) – Enables the night mode theme for the keyboard. You should keep it enabled if you want a true dark mode experience.
- Color email body (experimental) (on) -Automatically colors the email content. Remember, this feature is experimental and may not work well on your device. You may experience difficulty in reading emails with dark content. If you experience issues, disable this option.
If you already own any other night mode tweaks, be sure to disable or add an exception for Gmail from their preferences section.
How to get Dark Mode theme on Gmail on iPhone
- Open Cydia.
- Go to the Sources tab, tap Edit.
- Use the Add option to add “https://repo.packix.com” to the sources list.
- Go to the Search tab and search for “Gmail Midnight”.
- Install the tweak.
Did you try this tweak yet?
It’s a simple yet amazing tweak and you are definitely missing out if you haven’t installed it already.
For those who don’t know, Gmail Midnight is not the first tweak to introduce a night mode to the Gmail app.
Here are a few other dark mode tweaks that you might want to install on your Apple device.
For more Cydia tweaks and releases, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.