Developer Ethan has just released Gandalf for YaluX aka Gandalf_Portal for iOS 10.1-10.1.1. Let’s find out how it works.
How Gandalf for YaluX Works
Gandalf was already up and running on devices running Yalu102. Thanks to developer Ethan, it has now been ported to mach_portal jailbreak s well.
Here’s a detailed explanation of how this tweak works –
Step 1 This tweak installs a community-driven “dpkg conflict file” on your device.
Step 2 It then uses this file to determine tweaks that are incompatible with each other.
Step 3 User can then weed out conflicting Cydia tweaks by simply using a terminal command.
In layman terms, it tells bad tweaks that “You shall not pass” and stops them from installing and wrecking your device.
Here is a list of all the changes in this new update –
- Ethan’s original Cydia repository contains a Gandalf package that adds the new repository. Install this package if you haven’t updated this tweak. This will make sure you are protected from new tweak conflicts.
- Conflicts file now accepts new lines (makes it easier to read).
- A new independent repository has been setup.
- Package is now compressed down to just 16 MB.
- Performance and bug fixes.
- A jailbroken iPhone, iPad, iPod running iOS 10.1-10.1.1 firmware.
- MTerminal terminal emulator
- A working internet connection
How to Install and Use Gandalf for YaluX
Step 1 Open Cydia.
Step 2 Select Manage > Sources.
Step 3 Select Edit button in the top right > Add.
Step 4 Add Gandalf’s repository to Cydia – https://ethanrdoesmc.github.io/gandalf/
Step 5 Install Gandalf for YaluX Cydia tweak from this source.
Step 6 Start MTerminal terminal emulator on your device. If you don’t have MTerminal installed on your device, you can download it from BigBoss Cydia repository.
Step 7 Type in the following commands one by one.
That’s all you need to do.
The upcoming version of this tweak will add support for Home Depot jailbreak for iOS 9.1-9.3.4. Home Depot is already causing a lot of issues devices so this new update will make iOS 9 more stable.
For more downloads, tweaks, and tutorials, like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.