The current lineup of tools comes with loads of problems. Users can no longer use file transfer programs like iFunbox or SSH. Here’s a quick fix for that problem.
Table of Contents
Why isn’t root access possible on iOS 10.3.x?
Apple File Conduit doesn’t work with iOS 10.3-10.3.3 versions yet. As a result, no file transfer or SSH program will work if you try to follow the conventional USB method.
For the uninitiated, iPhone and other Apple devices don’t give necessary permissions to the user or any other tool to access the root filesystem.
Therefore, we require additional patches or fixes to get the USB connection working.
Although there’s no official fix yet, you can try the following methods given below.
How to get root access via USB on iOS 10.3-10.3.3
Method 1 – House Arrest Fix (Recommended)
House Arrest Fix is a great alternative to Apple File Conduit. It is developed by Pupyshev Nikita.
It allows you to access all SSH and file management tools like iFunbox, Apowersoft Phone Manager, etc. Here’s how you can install it on your device.
- Open Cydia.
- Go to the Search tab and search for House Arrest Fix.
- Install it and respring your device.
You can now connect to any tool of your choice and even get SSH access over USB.
Method 2 – Modified Hosts File
This method involves using a modified hosts file that contains fixes for the original Apple File Conduit package.
This is not an official patch by Saurik but it will adequately restore its original functionality.
- Download this modified hosts file from this link to your computer. Remember, this file also contains rules for blocking ad servers so you will inadvertently end up blocking advertisements as well.
- Email this file to yourself and open and download it on your iPhone.
- Open Filza and navigate to /private/etc/ and place this new hosts file therein. Ensure you backup your original hosts file first.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Install Apple File Conduit 2 package from Saurik’s repository.
For more jailbreak tools, tutorials, and downloads, give us a like on Twitter and Facebook.