Eminent developer Julioverne has released an alternative to Cydia Extender Installer called Ext3nder. This new utility automatically installs Saurik’s Cydia Extender application along with Julioverne’s Extendlife tweak.
Let’s find out how it works.
- Update (March 19) – The latest version 0.9.41_008b works with Coolstar’s Stashing enabled. If it was crashing on your device earlier, use the latest version.
- Update (March 19) – The latest version is Ext3nder 0.9.41_008. It includes the auto-sign feature.
Table of Contents
- What is Ext3nder?
- Which devices does Ext3nder support?
- Why is Ext3nder better than Cydia Extender?
- How to Install Ext3nder on iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2
- How to Setup Ext3nder Properly
- How to Auto-Sign yalu102/mach_portal with Ext3nder
- How to Manually Renew yalu102/mach_portal with Ext3nder
- Enjoy your Untethered Jailbreak
What is Ext3nder?
It is just a repackaged version of Saurik’s Cydia Extender utility. It has been modded heavily by Julioverne. Ext3nder now comes bundled with Extendlife.
The main feature of this application is automatic IPA signing.
Here are some of its features –
- Automatic resigning of IPAs
- Spoof TeamID
- Auto Login
- Revoke Certificates automatically
- installd OTA Patch
- No VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection needed
Which devices does Ext3nder support?
It is compatible with the following devices.
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPad Pro (12.9 inches)
- iPad Pro (9.7 inches)
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPod touch 6
Why is Ext3nder better than Cydia Extender?
With Ext3nder, you don’t need to sign Yalu jailbreak (yalu102/mach_portal) manually every 7 days.
You just need to select the IPA file you need to resign from the Settings. It will handle the rest for you.
However, it has one shortcoming. Since it’s a debian package installed in jailbroken state, it will not work if your device is not jailbroken.
There are so many tools you can use to resign Yalu jailbreak. So if you are confused as to which method you should use, here are your options.
- If Cydia Impactor is working fine on your computer, keep using it. If you would like to sign IPAs on-device, install Ext3nder.
- If Cydia Impactor is not working for you, use Cydia Extender Installer or Ext3nder.
- If Cydia Extender is working fine on your device, keep using it or delete it and install Ext3nder.
- If Cydia Extender is not working for you, use Ext3nder.
- If you have Coolstar’s Stashing installed, wait for an updated version of this tool. It will stash Ext3nder and make it crash after opening. [Update- It works with Stashing now.]
Now onto the installation tutorial.
- A compatible device running iOS 10
- Cydia application
How to Install Ext3nder on iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2
Step 1 Remove Cydia Extender and ExtendLife if you have installed it already. Doing so will remove the VPN (Virtual Private Network) that Cydia Extender added. Ext3nder utility doesn’t make use of a VPN.
Step 2 Install the latest version of AppSync from Karen’s Pineapple repo. Read this step by step guide on how to install AppSync Unified for iOS 10. Do this only if you haven’t installed it. If you have AppSync installed already, go to the next step.
Step 3 Run iCleaner.
Step 4 Launch Cydia.
Step 5 Go to Manage > Sources.
Step 6 Select Edit at the top right > Add.
Step 7 Enter the URL of Julioverne’s repository – https://julio.xarold.com/
Step 8 Install Ext3nder tool. It should be successfully installed now. The best thing is that it doesn’t require any other tweak to work.
Step 9 Reboot your iOS device.
Since a lot of users were not able to get it to sign properly, here’s the complete signing tutorial.
How to Setup Ext3nder Properly
The installation part is over. Now you need to setup this tool properly.
Step 1 Open Ext3nder application from your home screen.
Step 2 Go to “More” section. First of all, add your device in the “Add Device” option. This must be done if you are using this utility for the first time.
Step 3 Now you need to change your Team ID as it is spoofed by default. Otherwise, it will throw a lot of errors.
Step 4 Select the “I Don’t Know (via Login Apple)” option.
Step 5 Login with your Apple ID details and restart ext3nder.
Now, that we have set it up properly, we move onto the actual certificate signing part.
How to Auto-Sign yalu102/mach_portal with Ext3nder
Step 1 Enter your details in “SAVE LOGIN APPLE” section. If you don’t want to use your primary Apple ID, you can create a new one and use that here.
Step 2 Go to the “AUTO SIGNER IPA” section and enable all the options given below –
- Prevent WiFi Disconnect
Also, enable the “Save Signed IPA” and “Show User Applications” options.
Step 3 Select “IPA From Folder AutoSign” and download yalu102/mach_portal IPA from here.
Step 4 Open it using Filza file manager and move yalu102/mach_portal IPA to this folder – Documents/Ext3nder/AutoSign.
You’re all set now, Ext3nder will now automatically sign Yalu 2 days before 7-day expiration (every 5th day).
Remember, the auto-sign feature requires this tool to be running at all times. This can cause battery drain. If you are not comfortable with this, you can manually renew the jailbreak certificate yourself. Just follow the tutorial below.
How to Manually Renew yalu102/mach_portal with Ext3nder
Step 1 Start Ext3nder.
Step 2 Go to Installed tab.
Step 3 Select yalu102 or mach_portal.
Step 4 Select Resign option.
Step 5 Login by providing your Apple ID details.
Step 6 Select Attempt and let it do its thing.
Step 7 It will notify you that the certificate was renewed successfully.
Enjoy your Untethered Jailbreak
This is the closest you can get to an untethered jailbreak on iOS 10 right now.
This tool is absolutely foolproof and never makes your device bootloop. If this tool doesn’t work for you, you can always use other tools given above.
If you are facing any errors, be sure to leave a comment below. I will be happy to help.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to give us a like on Facebook and Twitter.