The unofficial version of g0blin jailbreak has been out for a few days. However, no fixes or updates seem to be coming for this tool. Here is a list of all fixes and solutions you can try to solve all bugs and glitches.
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Is g0blin jailbreak stable?
- Q. The app keeps saying “exploit failed” every time I run it. Is there a fix for this?
- Q. The app keeps crashing each time I open it. How can I get it working?
- Q. How can I SSH into my device?
- Q. How can I fix the “firmware depends” error in Cydia?
- Q. How is this tool different from Meridian jailbreak? Which tool should I use?
- Q. I am using v0rtex injector and want to switch to this jailbreak. Can I switch over or is it impossible?
- Q. What improvements will the next update bring?
- Q. How can I enter No Substrate mode?
- Operating System
- Q. Some of my App Store applications are missing from my home screen. How do I get them back?
- Q. Will Snapchat work properly with this tool? Are there any errors that I might experience with it?
- Q. I am experiencing terrible battery life after installing this tool. How can I get my older battery life back?
- Q. GPS and location services are no longer working on my iPhone. How can I fix this?
- Q. My Touch ID is broken. How can I fix it?
- Q. My audio is broken and my device can no longer transmit sounds. How can I get the original sound back?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is g0blin jailbreak stable?
A. Yes, g0blin jailbreak tool is extremely stable on all compatible devices. You will experience no random reboots or resprings anytime.
With that said, the jailbreak process itself might take some tries to get going but that is it.
Q. The app keeps saying “exploit failed” every time I run it. Is there a fix for this?
A. Yes, you can fix this by rebooting your iOS device and then waiting for 60-90 seconds before you tap jailbreak. It can take a couple of tries so keep trying again and again.
Q. The app keeps crashing each time I open it. How can I get it working?
A. If that’s the case, I suggest manually sideloading the IPA file once again. If you download it from the various app installers, it probably won’t work like it’s supposed to.
Q. How can I SSH into my device?
A. This jailbreak already comes preloaded with the Dropbear SSH client. Therefore, there’s no need whatsoever to download or install any other SSH tweak or utility.
You can simply follow this tutorial for enabling root access over USB and then use iFunBox to gain SSH access.
Q. How can I fix the “firmware depends” error in Cydia?
A. Simply SSH into your device and run the following commands –
Q. How is this tool different from Meridian jailbreak? Which tool should I use?
A. Meridian uses v0rtex exploit along with Xerub’s KPPless whereas g0blin uses v0rtex exploit along with a modified version of yalu102’s KPP bypass.
Apart from that, Meridian offers better compatibility and supports iPhone and iPhone 7 plus devices as well. These smartphones are incompatible with g0blin.
At the time of writing of this post, the latter is obviously much stable and installs Cydia. Therefore, I recommend staying from Meridian for the time being and using g0blin instead.
A. v0rtex-injector tweak installer installs a non-functional version of Cydia without giving users the option to remove it. Thankfully, you can make use of other tools that allow you to reinstall Cydia.
You can make the switch using the following method.
- All you need to do is install Meridian jailbreak and reinstall Cydia with it.
- Once that’s done, you can run g0blin jailbreak on your device.
- Delete v0rtex-injector app from your device.
Q. What improvements will the next update bring?
A. The original developer of this project, Sticktron, is working on a complete and stable release. The official version will come with fixes for the GPS bug and missing root permissions.
If you don’t want to wait for an update, you can also add root entitlements to apps manually.
Q. How can I enter No Substrate mode?
A. You can enter the No Substrate mode using the general method.
- Tap Jailbreak.
- Wait it is installing the bootstrap, quickly press and hold the Volume Up button.
- Wait until all your tweaks get disabled.
Q. Some of my App Store applications are missing from my home screen. How do I get them back?
A. Here’s how you can fix it.
- Reboot into the non-jailbreak mode.
- Download the missing app from App Store again.
- Re-jailbreak your device.
Q. Will Snapchat work properly with this tool? Are there any errors that I might experience with it?
A. No, there are no errors or bugs in this tool that might cause Snapchat to not work properly.
If you are experiencing bugs, you must be running the older versions of this tool. If that’s that case, I suggest installing the latest IPA file as soon as possible.
A. A lot of users are experiencing battery life while using this tool. The reason behind this is the exploit present this tool uses.
The v0rtex exploit is responsible for poor battery life on all devices. This problem is also present in Meridian jailbreak and v0rtex-injector as they too rely on this exploit.
It constantly requests the user’s location through the lock screen camera, which results in a continuous drain of juice.
While there’s no proper fix for this yet, you can try the following fixes to save that precious juice –
- Switch off Location Services completely.
- Turn off Background App Refresh.
- Uninstall battery-intensive Cydia tweaks and App Store applications.
- Disable tweaks from iCleaner one by one and see if it has an effect on your battery life.
- Stay in non-jailbreak mode until an update comes.
All these tips will ensure your device doesn’t drain the juice incessantly.
Q. GPS and location services are no longer working on my iPhone. How can I fix this?
A. Again, this is an issue with the exploit, not the jailbreak tool.
To fix it, you must set location services to the “Always on” setting just for Maps. GPS won’t work if you set it to the “enable only while using” setting.
If this doesn’t fix your GPS, I suggest waiting for a proper build of this tool.
Q. My Touch ID is broken. How can I fix it?
A. This tool breaks Touch ID and it’s a known issue. However, Touch ID doesn’t work only when you use it inside applications.
Touch ID not working in-app is related to its KPP bypass and will require a proper fix to get working again.
Therefore, you must stick to entering your password manually inside Touch ID-based apps or using their web versions.
A. All we need to do to fix it is to disable reloading daemons from the tool. The next update will hopefully fix this issue.
Q. Which Cydia tweaks are compatible with this tool?
A. You can access the full tweak compatibility here. Ensure you don’t install tweaks that are incompatible as that can result in a crash or bootloop.
Q. Cydia gives me a white screen after I run the jailbreak app. Is there a fix for it?
A. You can fix this by following the “Method 3” given here.
Q. Which tweaks are not working right now?
A. Any tweak that has a GUI will not work.
Q. Can I use Stashing with this tool?
A. No, there’s no need to install Stashing on your device. iOS 10.3-10.3.3 versions come with the advanced APFS filesystem, which has only one partition.
For more jailbreak guides and tutorials, give us a like and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.