Although installing tweaks is now possible with Electra, the tweaks you install may not work on your device. Here’s a quick fix for Cydia tweaks not working on Electra (iOS 11-11.1.2).
Why aren’t tweaks working properly on iOS 11?
As you already know, Saurik is yet to release a proper update for Cydia.
This lead to a lot of conflicts between existing core packages and iOS 11. Consequently, Coolstar was forced to completely block Saurik’s repository.
Moreover, the latest versions of Electra use a different installation directory than that of the beta versions. It also has issues with the creation of symbolic links.
This leads to conflicts and renders the jailbreak tweaks useless. They may or may not show up in the stock Settings app as well.
Here’s a quick fix for that issue, which you can use Coolstar releases a proper update.
Remember, this fix is not for you if you upgraded from a beta build to the RC version. Doing so results in a complete uninstall of all tweaks from device’s filesystem. Therefore, you must install them manually from Cydia again.
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Electra jailbreak
- A computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux
- iTerminal (optional)
Fixing Cydia tweaks not working on Electra jailbreak
Method 1 (recommended)
- Launch Cydia and ensure you have PreferenceLoader package installed. If PreferenceLoader is not present on your device, install version 2.2.4~alpha14 from Ryan Petrich’s repository (https://rpetri.ch/repo/).
- Respring and restart your device.
- Enable jailbreak mode.
- Your tweaks will now start working like they are supposed to.
- Launch FilzaEscaped file manager.
- Navigate back to /Library.
- Tap Edit and then press the “Symbolic link” option.
- Select the TweakInject folder in this location.
- Navigate to /usr/lib/ then select the TweakInject folder to create the symbolic link.
- Reboot your device and re-jailbreak it.
This fix will solve your problem once and for all. Hopefully, Coolstar will release a working fix very soon. If you are still facing an error, just leave a comment below.
For more jailbreak guides and tutorials, follow and like us on Twitter and Facebook.