It’s that time of the year again and Apple is all set to unveil its next flagship smartphone tomorrow. Here’s how you can watch Apple’s “Gather Round” event live stream on your Apple or Android device.
Table of Contents
All you need to know about Apple’s Gather Round event
Apple will unveil three new iPhones – iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and a low-end iPhone, which will likely be called the iPhone XC – at the “Gather Round” event.
During the keynote, Apple will also unveil the Apple Watch Series 4, a new iPad Pro model, improved MacBook Air, new AirPods and AirPower.
In addition, Apple will also release the Golden Master builds of iOS 12, macOS Mojave 10.14, and watchOS 5.
But fret not, you will be able to watch the entire keynote through Apple’s live stream on your device.
How can you watch the Gather Round live stream?
Watching an Apple live stream can be very easy, but it does have a few caveats you should be aware of. These all have to do with the device on which you watch the live stream.
To keep this as clear as possible, we explain below how you can follow the event.
In this way, you can be sure that you watch the keynote as soon as it kicks off, regardless of whether you are watching on your iPhone, Mac, Windows PC, or even an Android smartphone.
Apple also plans to live stream its Gather Round event on its official Twitter account this time around.
How to watch Apple live stream on iPhone, iPad, and iPod
If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, Apple makes it as easy as possible to follow the video. As long as your device runs iOS 10 firmware or above, simply open the event page on Apple’s website here.
Apple will start the stream a few minutes before the event kicks off in the evening. The stream will begin playing automatically within a media player.
How to watch Apple live stream on Apple TV
- Apple TV 4 and 4K – If you have the fourth or fifth generation Apple TV, you can keep a tab on the keynote using the Apple Events app. You can download this free of charge from the tvOS App Store on your Apple TV. This is also a nice app if there is no event on the schedule because in the archive you can look back all kinds of old keynotes. Great if you want to relive old presentations once again.
- Apple TV 3 and 2 – If you have an older Apple TV, you can not download the Apple Special Event app. Fortunately, Apple is packing a livestream on a special channel on the day of the event. It automatically appears at the top of the screen, so that you only have to tap it on the evening itself.
How to watch Apple live stream on macOS and Windows/Chrome
- Mac – As long as you run at least OS X 10.11 with Safari version 6.0.5, it’s easy to follow an Apple event. All you have to do is go to the Apple website and watch the live stream.
- Windows – Apple also gives Windows owners the chance to follow the keynote, even though it’s a Microsoft product. The livestream can be watched using the Chrome or Firefox browsers, making it easy to follow all the releases live, regardless of the version of Windows (7, 8 or older) you use. If you have a PC with Windows 10, you can also use the Microsoft Edge browser.
- VLC Media Player – Another option is the VLC media player, which is free to install. The only thing you need afterwards is a special URL, which will go public soon.
How to watch Apple live stream on Android
Whether you own an Android smartphone or tablet, you will have to download and install the VLC Android app. Just like Windows, the event is accessible using a special URL that we will post here tomorrow.
Once you get hold of the link, you must enter it using the “Network stream” setting. You can access this option by navigating to Media > Open Network Stream, input the URL and click Play.
That’s all there’s to it! If you aren’t able to watch the event using the methods laid out above, you can access the stream on Apple’s official Twitter account.
As always, follow and like our Twitter and Facebook pages for round-the-clock coverage of the Apple’s Gather Round event.