Nintendo’s latest game, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, has been hogging all the limelight lately. Here’s how you can download it from any country or region on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Table of Contents
Nintendo restricts Animal Crossing to Australia
Nintendo has just released its classic on iOS and Android platforms. However, this game has initially been launched in Australia only.
The company is clearly adopting the strategy that they used for Pokemon Go. This will create solid hype around this game and will certainly lead to more downloads.
Gradually, Nintendo will be releasing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp in other countries and regions as well. Here are a few working methods that you can try to install this classic game on your device if you hate to wait.
Download Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp from any country or region
- Log out from your current Apple account.
- Open Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp using this link and tap Get.
- It will now prompt you to create a new account. Create a new Apple ID account.
- Select Australia as your country.
- Set your payment method as “None”.
- Download the game using the link below.
- Open iTunes. Remember, you must have iTunes 12.6.3 for this method to work. If you are running a later version, you must downgrade using the 12.6.3 installer.
- Sign out of your current Apple account.
- Change your country to Australia.
- Search for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.
- Press Get.
- Create a new Apple account when iTunes tells you to sign in with your details.
In this method, we will be changing our existing country to Australia. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to Settings.
- Select your Apple ID given at the top.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID email and tap View Apple ID.
- Select Change Country or Region.
- Select Australia as your new country and agree to the new Terms and Conditions.
- Input a payment method of your choice (Credit/Debit card or Paypal). This method will work only if your payment method is Australian.
- You can now download the game from App Store legally.
Why don’t I recommend doing this?
Even though will surely get the game working with the above methods, I wouldn’t recommend doing so.
The reason being Nintendo doesn’t allow switching regions in-game if you don’t connect it to your Nintendo account. Now since your country is set to Australia, your Nintendo account will get locked to Australia should you decide to link it.
If somehow, you begin using another smartphone or device in the future, you will lose all your progress. Apart from that, you will also miss out on all Nintendo rewards.
These methods, even though they work, aren’t actually worth the hassle. This is why you should wait for the official release, which will be happening pretty soon.
Would you be installing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp right now? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more tutorials and guides, follow us Facebook and Twitter.