iOS 10.3 users were again left in the lurch as Coolstar ignored these versions while updating Anemone. Here’s a new tutorial that will allow you to install themes on your iOS 10.3 device.
Table of Contents
Theming is now possible on iOS 10.3-10.3.3
Anemone and WinterBoard are both working on iOS 10.3-10.3.3 but with some limitations. These limitations range from poor compatibility to safe mode and Springboard crashes.
Coolstar recently updated Anemone for iOS 10.3 and 10.3.1 versions. iOS 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 versions are still not compatible with this version. No one is able to ascertain the cause behind this.
WinterBoard is working just fine but it’s not a complete theming replacement for iOS 10.
If you decide to use it, you must update to a compatible build of Anemone once Coolstar releases it.
You can follow this tutorial to apply themes for the time being. But before you move on, check the compatibility carefully in order to avoid unpleasant surprises later.
- Warning – Don’t try this if you are using Meridian jailbreak. Meridian can run Cydia but it doesn’t have a working Substrate. Only g0blin jailbreak comes with a functional version of Cydia Substrate thus far.
You can use it on the following iOS versions –
If you try using it on incompatible versions, your device will go into Safe mode. You can download the new hacked-up version of Anemone for iOS 10.3-10.3.1 below.
Saurik’s legacy theming engine is compatible with the following versions –
Download Anemone 2.1.5-4
- Debian package (official link)
- A 64-bit iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- iOS 10.3-10.3.3 firmware
- g0blin jailbreak
How to install themes on iOS 10.3-10.3.3
- Install RocketBootstrap on your Apple device.
- Install the updated Anemone version 2.1.5-4 from the link above.
- Grab your favorite theme or themes from BigBoss or ModMyi Cydia repositories.
- Apply them and respring your device.
- Install IconBundles. This package will fix all and any issues you experience with WinterBoard theming engine.
- Install WinterBoard from Saurik’s repository.
- Download the theme you want to apply to your device via Cydia.
- Apply it and restart Springboard.
For more iOS 10 jailbreak news and updates, follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.