What is jailbreak without Cydia errors? A lot of users are accidentally deleting Cydia and bricking their devices. Here’s how to fix this problem on iOS 10.
Before we begin, you need to prep your computer up and download the tools given below.
Table of Contents
- A jailbroken iOS device running iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2
- A computer
- Download iFunbox
- Download Putty
- Download latest version of Cydia 1.1.28 [b14 at the time of writing this guide]
How to Reinstall Cydia after Deleting it by Mistake on iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2 [iFunBox]
Step 1 Start iFunBox.
Step 2 Drag the cydia_1.1.28-b14_iphoneos-arm.deb file into iBooks.
Step 2 Start Putty.
Step 3 Navigate to QuickToolBox > USB Tunnel in iFunBox.
Step 4 Copy the PC Address value. If PC Address is not visible, rejailbreak your device with Yalu.
Step 5 Go back to Putty and enter the PC Address as the Host Name and press enter.
Step 7 Enter your credentials as given below
login – root
password – alpine
Step 8 Enter the command –
Step 9 Enter the command –
dpkg -i cydia_1.1.28-b14_iphoneos-arm.deb
Step 10 Enter the command –
su mobile –c uicache
Step 11 Wait for a few minutes and Cydia will be reinstalled on your device running iOS 10.
Cydia should be all good and dandy now. Here are some links yo help you out.
- Stashing – Get more space for Cydia Tweaks on iOS 10
- Gandalf – Bad Cydia Tweaks Shall Not Pass!
- List of Cydia Tweaks Compatible with iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2
- 5 Interesting New Cydia Tweaks for iOS 10, #1 will blow you away!
- Get Black Keyboard in iOS 10 with this Free Cydia tweak
- Top 20 Free Cydia Apps/Tweaks of 2017
- Best Cydia Repo/Sources for iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2 [2017 List]
If you liked this guide, don’t forget to give a thumbs up on Facebook and Twitter.